CLE revs up Winslow though 2010 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cleveland Browns

CLE revs up Winslow though 2010

Moderator: Football Moderators

CLE revs up Winslow though 2010

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:19 pm

The Browns and tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. have agreed to terms on the contract extension that they've been working on since July, Browns President John Collins said Sunday.

Collins said the two sides have agreed in principle on the one-year extension and that all that's left is for the paperwork to be completed.

"It's very close to being signed," he said.

The new deal runs through 2010 and includes incentives that will allow Winslow to recoup much of the bonus money he lost because of injuries sustained during his motorcycle accident.

Winslow was due a $950,000 bonus on Dec. 15 but will not receive it. However, he can make back all or some of the $2 million bonus he forfeited on July 15 with performance-based incentives.

Winslow will receive a bonus if he reports to training camp next summer and passes his physical. Winslow has been working hard to recover from surgery to repair his torn right anterior cruciate ligament sustained in the crash and the subsequent staph infection in the incision.

He lost almost 30 pounds but has regained some of the weight.

"I'm feeling better," he said last week.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikus » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:49 am

how's he doing? i just drafted him to be my TE next year in a dynasty league, i would appreciate any updates.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby slowkidz » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:50 pm

He'll be ready by TC. He's spending the offseason with Braylon and Frye working out and building chemistry. Once all three are in sync, combined with Droughns pounding the ball, we should have probably the best offense we've seen since the return.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:11 pm

slowkidz wrote:He'll be ready by TC. He's spending the offseason with Braylon and Frye working out and building chemistry. Once all three are in sync, combined with Droughns pounding the ball, we should have probably the best offense we've seen since the return.

That'd be nice to believe, but the all but inevitable loss of Bryant doesn't help at all...im really mad we're not going to resign him...he's a very good receiver and we really need him next year, but I'm not so sure we'll have an offensive that causes a lot of problems (I'm hoping), but the Browns have this nasty habit of struggling on offense.

(not to mention Frye and Winslow's experience is very thin)

Andra Davis...5th in the league in tackles and doesn't make the pro bowl over....Al Wilson???!!!!
...absurd
thatohiosportsfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Cleveland Browns