Important Strategy Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Important Strategy Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Important Strategy Question

Postby senseiosin » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:12 am

Wanted to get some thoughts on this. ;-D

Do you all think its a good strategy to play the WR and or QB from the same team as the QB or WR of the guy your playing head to head against? :-o

For example, normally I would start Maddox at QB but what about starting McNair because the guy Im playing this week has Deric Mason. In essence you would be cancelling out anything Mason does this week since you get points anytime Mason does. O:-)

Another example would be starting Jerry Porter or Anquain Boldin over Koren Robinson when you go up against the guy who has Gannon or Blake stictly because you know whatever points Porter/Boldin gets essentially cancel out the points your opponant's QB gets. These are two situations I have to decide on this week. Is this a good approach or would you say just going with the guys I think will have a better week in general based on week one and the NFL schedule (Maddox, Koren). Anyone use this strategy exclusivly and have comments about how it worked for you? Thanks 8-o
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AF » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:35 am

I allways go with whoever is going to get me the most points. Doesn't do you much good to sit your starting WR because the other guys is playing that WR's QB if the guy you start in his place gets fewer points.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby sikoskul » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:43 am

Look at it this way, don't you want to make sure that whenever the opposing team scores some points, you get about the same? If you went with someone else, you may get more points - and you may get less. This way at least you're keeping pace and hopefully your other players do better.
sikoskul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jeru » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:37 pm

I can see starting the QB that throws to your opponent's WR, because the only way for the WR to get points is from the QB throwing him passes.

However, I don't really see the logic in starting a WR on the same team as your opponent's QB. For example, if your opponent starts Maddox, and you start Burress, there's no guarantee that you would get all the points that Maddox would get, because he could also throw to Ward, the 3rd WR, the TE, etc, etc.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby sikoskul » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:17 pm

Dude, life is not about guarantees. Play the players you think will score the most points, irregardless of the other team. That's the best you can do. QBs automatically get whatever TD's the WR gets (usually), but then QBs can also get fumbles and INTs that the WR will not. Play your best players.
sikoskul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk