Here's to hoping Antowain Smith SHREDS the Falcons D... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Here's to hoping Antowain Smith SHREDS the Falcons D...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Shader » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:33 pm

And they just lost Edgerton Hartwell for the year.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Reincry » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:02 pm

And here comes the wild card...

Aaron Stecker

Until they've played a few weeks, they're going to compete for the top job.

If it has New Orleans in it, it's a big NO!

:-t
Reincry
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:04 am

Reincry wrote:And here comes the wild card...

Aaron Stecker

Until they've played a few weeks, they're going to compete for the top job.

If it has New Orleans in it, it's a big NO!

:-t

I'm all about Aaron Stecker. If I recall, he looked pretty solid in Deuce's absence last year. I do know this much, Antowain Smith is very, very old...which usually doesn't translate to good fantasy numbers if you're a RB.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:53 am

I think it's pretty clear that Antowain Smith will get the majority of the carries in NO until further notice. Could be for the rest of the year, it could be for half of the first quarter against Atlanta.. Personally, in the league where I owned Deuce, I'm starting Antowain as my #3 RB this week over Mike Anderson.

Furthermore, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and predict that Antowain Smith will get enough looks to outscore Curtis Martin for the rest of the year if he hangs onto the starting job. 8-o
---

Smith's not a waiver wire stud, but he can definitely help out a team hurting at RB. Hope you were quick to the wire if you're thin at RB...

Stecker is fool's gold. He's good in passing situations and that's about it. Antowain Smith gets it done in short yardage and can take a pounding. And That is exactly what New Orleans needs right now IMO.

A.Smith - workhorse
Stecker - 3rd down
Chatman - insurance
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Members Only Jackets » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:37 am

I just added him...Im gonna wait and see..I was burned already by not keeping S Davis when everyone said he was finished and a non factor.
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RawTalent » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:24 am

For those thinking that NO facing a weak run defense is reason to start an aging Antowain Smith who has deccelerating speed, take a look at who NO has faced the past three weeks:

Minnesota
Buffalo
Green Bay

And Deuce did diddly against all three. Minny and Buffalo, by the way, are dead last in rush defense (average yards against).

Also, Atlanta's faced some pretty decent backs in their first few games: Alexander, McGahee, Dillon and two ypc beasts: Westbrook and Moore (actually, any Minnesota back the past four years has had great ypc).
RawTalent
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bmonkey » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:10 am

ya well your not taking into account that Horn has been out for 2 weeks so there is no passing threat and every team just stacks the line to stop Deuce... we'll see how it is with Horn back keeping D's honest now.
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jayday » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:28 am

RawTalent wrote:For those thinking that NO facing a weak run defense is reason to start an aging Antowain Smith who has deccelerating speed, take a look at who NO has faced the past three weeks:

Minnesota
Buffalo
Green Bay

And Deuce did diddly against all three. Minny and Buffalo, by the way, are dead last in rush defense (average yards against).

Also, Atlanta's faced some pretty decent backs in their first few games: Alexander, McGahee, Dillon and two ypc beasts: Westbrook and Moore (actually, any Minnesota back the past four years has had great ypc).

you're JOKING right? new orleans was out of those games by halftime....why would you run the ball trying to play catch up? makes a WHOLE lotta sense :-t

vs. minnesota...14 carries...
vs. green bay...11 carries...left game in the 3rd
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Reincry » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:37 pm

Um, who cares!??!

It's NEW ORLEANS and you pretty much summed it up in the last few posts. As long as they have Brooks, they'll always be behind and will abandon the running game!

Nobody should have a Saints player period as long as Brooks is there...unless they want to have an early death. I just ditched Stallworth and I feel that I have been given back 10 years of my life. No more pulling hair out trying to start or bench a NO player!
Reincry
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tomkatt » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:56 pm

Reincry wrote:Um, who cares!??!

It's NEW ORLEANS and you pretty much summed it up in the last few posts. As long as they have Brooks, they'll always be behind and will abandon the running game!

Nobody should have a Saints player period as long as Brooks is there...unless they want to have an early death. I just ditched Stallworth and I feel that I have been given back 10 years of my life. No more pulling hair out trying to start or bench a NO player!

Ha ha ha. ;-D
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk