Falcons recieving corps. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Falcons recieving corps.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Falcons recieving corps.

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:51 pm

I see that Jenkins and Dez white are listed as starters but it seems like Finneran is catching all the balls. Does Finneran play a lot? is he actually the starter? What is everyones take on the situation in atlanta? Also will Vick play this week?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gogogadget » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:54 pm

no official news about vick, probably going to be a saturday or sunday decision, however, I do not expect him to suit up this week. New Orleans is missing McAllister and aren't a huge threat this week. Finneran seems to be the guy they go to in the endzone. He is the tallest guy and can get up and catch the high passes. I think Finneran will get the biggest numbers this season.
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jh2031 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:14 pm

It depends on who plays...if Vick is the QB, he likes Jenkins and throws to him more...if Vick doesn't play it seems Fin will gets more oppurtunities.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:18 pm

Jenkins has done nothing this year. I was expecting him to put up decent numbers coming into the year but your lucky if he gets 3 catches a game even if vick is playing.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jh2031 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:21 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Jenkins has done nothing this year. I was expecting him to put up decent numbers coming into the year but your lucky if he gets 3 catches a game even if vick is playing.

I've watched the Falcons games and Jenkins get plenty of oppurtunities...Vick either throws it long of Jenkins has trouble hauling it in...but if Vick plays, Jenkins is the best WR option.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:26 pm

well i havent watched many of the falcons games, only 2, but from looking at the stats alone Finneran seems to be the prefered WR. hes caught more balls and has more yards than Jenkins.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jh2031 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:47 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:well i havent watched many of the falcons games, only 2, but from looking at the stats alone Finneran seems to be the prefered WR. hes caught more balls and has more yards than Jenkins.

Like I said...When Vick has thrown Jenkins way they never connect, either an overthrow or dropped catch. I myself dropped Jenkins and picked up A. Smith. I agree he's been disappointing.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Football Talk