Chargers' Schedule ... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chargers' Schedule ...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chargers' Schedule ...

Postby holler03 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:32 pm

Do you guys notice that chargers are starting to play a lot of teams coming off their bye weeks? Not only do they get 2 weeks to prepare for the chargers, but these aren't easy teams easier. Patriots, Raiders, Philly in a row now ... what else? Can the NFL schedule makers make a harder schedule for this team? If they overcome all this and make it to the playoffs, they better give credit to where its due.
holler03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chargers' Schedule ...

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:54 pm

holler03 wrote:Do you guys notice that chargers are starting to play a lot of teams coming off their bye weeks? Not only do they get 2 weeks to prepare for the chargers, but these aren't easy teams easier. Patriots, Raiders, Philly in a row now ... what else? Can the NFL schedule makers make a harder schedule for this team? If they overcome all this and make it to the playoffs, they better give credit to where its due.

The Patriots didnt come off a bye when the Chargers demolished them. If anyone has the toughest schedule, it would be NE. The Superbowl winner (in any year) always has the toughest schedule.

Raiders ABC 30-20 W
Sun 9/18/2005 1:00 PM @ Panthers CBS 704 27-17 L
Sun 9/25/2005 4:15 PM @ Steelers CBS 713 23-20 W
Sun 10/2/2005 1:00 PM vs Chargers CBS 711 41-17 L
Sun 10/9/2005 1:00 PM @ Falcons CBS 708 723 31-28 W
Sun 10/16/2005 4:15 PM @ Broncos CBS 714 725
Sun 10/23/2005 vs Bye
Sun 10/30/2005 8:30 PM vs Bills ESPN
Mon 11/7/2005 9:00 PM vs Colts ABC -good thing it is at home
Sun 11/13/2005 1:00 PM @ Dolphins CBS 711
Sun 11/20/2005 1:00 PM vs Saints FOX 711
Sun 11/27/2005 1:00 PM @ Chiefs CBS 709
Sun 12/4/2005 4:15 PM vs Jets CBS 715
Sun 12/11/2005 1:00 PM @ Bills CBS 704
Sat 12/17/2005 1:30 PM vs Buccaneers FOX
Mon 12/26/2005 9:00 PM @ Jets ABC
Sun 1/1/2006 1:00 PM vs Dolphins

Not complaining but....it is a much tougher schedule than SD has to deal with....
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:58 pm

As previously posted Rockets/holler - the Chargers schedule is tougher than NE schedule, not because of Byes but because of the fact that they are flying halfway (or more) across the country in 6 or 7 of their road games, not a short jaunt down the road like most of New England's road games...

BTW - I think holler intended to say Pittsburgh instead of Patriots... Pitt, Oak and Philly will all be playing SD (consecutively) after a bye week...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:01 am

lmcjaho wrote:As previously posted Rockets/holler - the Chargers schedule is tougher than NE schedule, not because of Byes but because of the fact that they are flying halfway (or more) across the country in 6 or 7 of their road games, not a short jaunt down the road like most of New England's road games...

BTW - I think holler intended to say Pittsburgh instead of Patriots... Pitt, Oak and Philly will all be playing SD (consecutively) after a bye week...

Its not like baseball....jet lag shouldnt be a factor in the NFL in my opinion (you all wk to fly down there)
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:07 am

I don't think the Super Bowl winner has the toughest schedule every year...I mean, when the 49ers were winning all those championships, they played in a really crappy division...and you play each of those teams twice a year. That would bring your SoS down a long way as it is. A decent team in a much stronger division could easily have a tougher overall schedule.

You might be able to say that they have a tougher "non-divisional" schedule because of the way they match up good teams for Monday night and such, but saying that the SB winner always has the toughest schedule is probably not true.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:12 am

Mercer Boy wrote:I don't think the Super Bowl winner has the toughest schedule every year...I mean, when the 49ers were winning all those championships, they played in a really crappy division...and you play each of those teams twice a year. That would bring your SoS down a long way as it is. A decent team in a much stronger division could easily have a tougher overall schedule.

You might be able to say that they have a tougher "non-divisional" schedule because of the way they match up good teams for Monday night and such, but saying that the SB winner always has the toughest schedule is probably not true.

I will agree with u there, but most of the time the Superbowl winner has the toughest non divisional opponents
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bennett4prez » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:54 am

Patriots are great, yadda, yadda, yadda. Hail Tom Brady.

Look at the schedule. The Chargers have the hardest schedule.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:06 am

Bennett4prez wrote:Patriots are great, yadda, yadda, yadda. Hail Tom Brady.

Look at the schedule. The Chargers have the hardest schedule.

3 out of the last 4.... ;-D Glad to see that some are beginning to accept reality.[/b]
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:48 am

not that I really care enough to choose a side in this debate.... I did notice that Chargers must travel to NY to play the Jets after their bye a few weeks down the road.
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby Challie » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:58 am

RocketsDWM wrote:I will agree with u there, but most of the time the Superbowl winner has the toughest non divisional opponents

Winning the Super Bowl has nothing to do with it. The weakest division winner has the toughest schedule in the league, assuming we're judging this on the opponents' previous season records.

As for the Chargers, you have to admit that playing so many teams coming off bye weeks is pretty rough. I don't think it's an NFL conspiracy or anything, just rough. It's a good thing for them, nobody loves to make excuses like Schotteinheimer.

Somebody on ESPN (Trey Wingo, was it?) was drawing attention to how it seems that the NFL schedules some of the league's strongest teams against each other early in the season to bang each other up and artificially create interest by letting teams like Cincy & Wash (not to say that the Skins could beat the Bengals now more than 3 times in 20 meetings) fatten up and jump out to impressive records. 2005 Lions, anyone? It's actually a smart idea by the league. We're seeing it right now with the Pats, Steelers and Chargers all playing each other. (The exception to this hypothesis this year is the Colts, but their schedule is generally pretty easy.)
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk