Terrell Owens - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Terrell Owens

Moderator: Football Moderators

Terrell Owens

Postby DrSpackle » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:11 am

Any TO owners thinking of trading him now? McNabb looked hurt against Dallas and his injury won't get better until he has surgery. I know McNabb is a warrior and will play through the pain as much as possible but I would guess we will see more games like that out of McNabb. If he opts for the surgery early and Koy Detmer comes in, how much will that hurt TO's value? Seems like trading TO soon would be a smart move.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bowie » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:39 am

I was thinking the same thing. I am betting he loses some value as McNabb wares down. As far as Detmer goes, you never know. How often have we seen a back up come in and key on their best reciever? Generally this is more true of young guys, but I don't think Detmer would destroy TOs value, just lower it a bit.

That said, I just packaged TO, Hasselbeck and Martin to get Holmes and Ward thinking that TOs value would slip somewhat and that all Chiefs are on the rise.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:38 am

I would trade FOR him. The way you guys are talking he is starting to look like a buy low. Classic 1 game overreaction.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby jh2031 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:17 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I would trade FOR him. The way you guys are talking he is starting to look like a buy low. Classic 1 game overreaction.

lol, totally agree. Even if McNabb goes down...how does that hurt TO? He's still the #1 receiver on an Eagles team that doesn't have the best receving options.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby moochman » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:32 pm

I am thinking about trading TO. Not because I think his stats will decline, but because my team is foundering.

I think that Owens will be a force no matter who is at QB. Maybe even better if Detmer has to play. Teams will think that shutting down the Iggles run will work, but TO is great short, deep, sideline, crossing routes. Whatever Coy can throw TO is great at. He'll be fine.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:59 pm

The only rationale for dealing T.O. was just posited by Moochman above ... to improve a struggling team by getting a package of contributors in return.
If you can get genuinely high value for him, by all means shop him around. But don't bail out over concerns about his QB. Detmer's had his moments in the league and knows the system. It's not like the Iggles would be turning to a rook or a Losman.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby caneblood » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:03 pm

Philly plays San Fran and Arizona in weeks 15 and 16 respectively. I've been trying to get TO all season but his owner is in 1st place and won't budge.

If any of you have a good team and feel like you've got a good shot at the playoffs, GET TO.
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:10 pm

There is no way that TO is leaving my team, apart from an injury to him. He was still an excellent player in SanFran, there's no reason he can't be in pass happy Andy Reid's offense, no matter who is throwing the ball.

If it's a buy low situation, and I didn't have him...You dang right I'd be buying low. Don't let this diminish your ranking of him, he's still a great fantasy player.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I would trade FOR him. The way you guys are talking he is starting to look like a buy low. Classic 1 game overreaction.

Exactly, my thoughts. I would trade for him in a heartbeat.
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:45 pm

yeah, but would you trade TO for Moss (who I think is majorly underperforming) and an upgrade somewhere else. Yes!
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk