TB is NOT going to win the Super Bowl - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TB is NOT going to win the Super Bowl

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:23 pm

It's still independant of last year....I don't buy that "bullseye" thing. This is the NFL and teams aren't going to try any harder to beat TB than they did last year; they try as hard as they can no matter what (unless you're Randy Moss). And with players conditioned this well, the few extra games last season won't make them any more lethargic this year. They had a whole off-season to recover. If anything, they're more experienced and have a BETTER shot.

Like I said, they aren't likely to win, but NOBODY is likely to win. The Bucs are the least unlikely to win, regardless of what they did last year.

And Dazed, it's not Murphy's law. LOL.
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AF » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:29 pm

I am a statistician and I can tell you that you can not predict anything that will happen. Ever. You can make things look good on paper but you can't predict anything in life with much certainty. I personaly would like to see how the odds makers come up with point spreads for games, that has to be one intensive formula.

note: I am graduating from Miami University(Ohio) this Dec. with a degree in stats. All my course work in my major is complete just need to finish up 12 hours of electives.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:40 pm

I didn't want this to get into a stats analysis...

However, you're right in that if it's unlikely to happen, that doesn't mean it won't.

My point is this: Considering the way schedules are derived and how much luck is involved in winning the Super Bowl, it's highly unlikely that TB will win.

I'll repeat: Wins now mean very little. The Super Bowl winner this year will be the (playoff) team that is playing the best ball at the end of the year.

Who cares if TB is dominating now?
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yoda83 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:49 pm

jackal, go watch some 49ers dynasty footage on espn and listen to what those guys say about the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) time around. as for the lethargy, a lot of what i'm talking about is mental. and if you dont believe me, try talking to antwoin smith about it.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tomkatt » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:49 pm

I think Tampa's D closes the door on anybody right now. They are certainly the team to beat.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:56 pm

Ok, heres another way to look at it.

Pick a team that will win the SB this yr

I choose Tampa

Who would you pick ? :-?
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby AF » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:11 pm

I pick not Tampa ;-D

Honestly I think the Browns.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby yoda83 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:17 pm

homeless, would you have picked TB in week 1 of last year?
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby greatgretzky » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:38 pm

i knwo the old saying If If's and butts were candy and nuts.

That said, Tampa's O while not exactly "lucky" can't depend on two circus catches by Joe to bail them out. Let's also not remember if stupid lj smith doesn;t drop either of those two balls, the scope of the game is different. Let's not forget that the eagles were struggling very badly, and it was still only 3-0 at halftime. Tampa earned every bit of that win, they were the better team. But for a large part of that game, they weren;t blowing the eagles out of the water either. If the eagles can make it through their injuries it will be interesting to see how tampa the giants and eagles are playign at the end of the year. a few bounces go the eagles way and mcnabb stops playing buttoned down football, ti si a different story.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Homeless » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:41 pm

yoda83 wrote:homeless, would you have picked TB in week 1 of last year?

I think I did :-) but I also recall having a big fix on the Steelers getting the job done too.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk