My sleeper WR of the week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My sleeper WR of the week

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: My sleeper WR of the week

Postby wideoutprospector12 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:30 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:If you are having problems with your WR's, Andre Johnson is very likely out and Bradford was demoted to the 3 spot, leaving Gaffney and D Davis as the only real receiving options on the Texans. He won't go off like Joe Jurevicius last week, but he just might put up some needed points for all you AJ, Brandon Lloyd, and Donald Driver owners out there who are fed up with a range of 0-4 points a week. If you were smart you grabbed Joe J last week, pairing him up with Gaffney in a battle of two teams that can be passed on (Houston vs Seattle) might be a good option.

David Carr has thrown for 500 yards 3 TD 4 Ints in 4 games. AJ wasn't getting it done when he was healthy so why would you take a chance on the #2 or #3 receiver? I will wait until that offensive line shows they can block and Houston can score some points.

I am hoping Eric Moulds will put up some numbers this week. Hopefully Losman will not play and there may actually be some semblance of a passing game
Smackdown Hotel Champion 2000, 2002, 2005
wideoutprospector12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:41 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Another possible sleeper WR...

Kevin Johnson.

With CRog suspended, Roy doubtful with an injury, and BMW fighting off inexperience and a back injury, Kevin Johnson could be targeted quite frequently against CAR.

seems like he's been frequently targeted anyways, (at least percentage wise) and hasn't done anything. I think Pollard is gonna pick up the slack a little this week and get in the endzone. Should get some really nice yardage as well.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:45 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Another possible sleeper WR...

Kevin Johnson.

With CRog suspended, Roy doubtful with an injury, and BMW fighting off inexperience and a back injury, Kevin Johnson could be targeted quite frequently against CAR.

I like this call.... Especially at home against a Carolina secondary that is giving up yards by the mile...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:48 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:If you are having problems with your WR's, Andre Johnson is very likely out and Bradford was demoted to the 3 spot, leaving Gaffney and D Davis as the only real receiving options on the Texans. He won't go off like Joe Jurevicius last week, but he just might put up some needed points for all you AJ, Brandon Lloyd, and Donald Driver owners out there who are fed up with a range of 0-4 points a week. If you were smart you grabbed Joe J last week, pairing him up with Gaffney in a battle of two teams that can be passed on (Houston vs Seattle) might be a good option.

The problem in Houston isn't the fact that their WR's are no good.... The problem is that David Carr has all of 0.5 seconds to throw the ball before the entire defensive line of the opposition does a riverdance on his face....

Switching WR's will not do anything to change that... Give him T.O. and Randy Moss, and the Texans would still have the worst passing game in the NFL....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:56 pm

No, you give em TO AND Randy then one will be so open that it would be impossible for any qb to fail I think.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:31 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:

The problem in Houston isn't the fact that their WR's are no good.... The problem is that David Carr has all of 0.5 seconds to throw the ball before the entire defensive line of the opposition does a riverdance on his face....

Switching WR's will not do anything to change that... Give him T.O. and Randy Moss, and the Texans would still have the worst passing game in the NFL....

Give them a real QB and maybe the Texan's wouldn't suck so bad. David Carr is worse than Harrington.

If he had TO or Randy Moss, David Carr couldn't find them. He can either scramble, or throw, but he can't do either of them very well or at the same time.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:35 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Give them a real QB and maybe the Texan's wouldn't suck so bad. David Carr is worse than Harrington.

The Texans are looking at the #1 overall pick this year in the draft.... I wonder if they go Leinart or trade down for D'Brickashaw Ferguson....

Personally, I think the ideal situation would be if they traded Andre Johnson and their #1 to Atlanta for Mike Vick and Atlanta's first rounder....

Atlanta could then pick up Lawrence Maroney (or the back of their choice) and the Texans would not only pick up Vick, but could also use the first rounder they get from the Falcons to pick up the best available tackle.... Maybe a guy like Winston (MIA)....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby octagon999 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:21 pm

Here in Houston, David Carr admitted in an interview that he got so hammered his first season that it took away his love for the game. I don't know now if we'll ever know how good he could have been had he started with a decent program that gave him a chance to develop the way you "should" grow into the QB role.

One thing is for sure, I haven't seen any evidence that management has ever seriously addressed getting him a decent O-line.

I like Plindsey's scenario. Or any scenario that brings in a first round lineman along with more experience for the team.
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:09 pm

I like Eric Parker this week. Lots of points should be scored in the OAK/SD game, and Parker's due for a good game
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:21 pm

My main reason for targeting Gaff was the fact that Seattle hasn't shown me they can defend the pass, leaving any #1 guy a good option. As I said, he won't be stellar, but getting 70-80 and a TD isn't out of the realm of all possibility, and if you've been struggling this may be the boost you need.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk