Buy Low - Sell High - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buy Low - Sell High

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:40 pm

drsteuss wrote:Curtis Martin. I doubt he'll have a 2 TD game again all year.

If you been keepin track, I dont think he can do any worse then he has this season with injury and QB woes.

His backup Blaylock is out for season so now Martin will get the full load of carries and no one to steal the goalline carries.

They have a new Qb who might be able to stir up some passing game which helps curtis.

This week NYJ goes up against BUF, who is 2nd worse in NFL in stopping the run and have givin up more rushing yards than any other team.

I am startin Martin just for that.
Last edited by Alkaholik on Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:43 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
drsteuss wrote:Curtis Martin. I doubt he'll have a 2 TD game again all year.

If you been keepin track, I dont think he can do any worse then he has this season with injury and QB woes.

His backup Blaylock is out for season so now Martin will get the full load of carries and no one to steal and goalline carries.

They have a new Qb who might be able to stir up some passing game which helps curtis.

This week NYJ goes up against BUF, who is 2nd worse in NFL in stopping the run and have givin up more rushing yards than any other team.

I am startin Martin just for that.

It sucks to get beat to the punch by a drunk....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:43 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Alk - no love for Jurevicious?

I got luv for JJ, but i dont think his game will keep at the level he played at last week, i would pick him up if he is available on your WW, but dont expect him to be valid for more then 2-3 weeks, I think his luck will slow down and with Engram back he will lose some action.

Any status on JJ's injury?
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:46 pm

I have to agree with this.... I think Engram is basically just a possession type WR.... He's a great third down guy, and pretty nice when you need that 10 yard catch to move the chains, but I think Joe Jurevicious is likely to be Hasselbeck's big play guy if Jackson can't go....[/quote]

Very true, I forgot to add that Engram is more of a PPR league guy.

Good post Plindsey ;-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The_Dude » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:48 pm

I think, if anything, Curtis Martin is still a buy low opportunity. Before this week, they were talking about Martin losing goal line carries to the full-back, but then once the game started, Herm stayed with Curtis... his yardage numbers have stunk it up, but the Jets can only get better with Vinny at the helm.

News on Joe J. and Bobby E.'s injuries should come at the noon press conference (pst) today... it turns out I have to go to a meeting, but you can listen to it off the 'Hawks site.

The Joe J. vs. Bobby E. debate is an interesting one... Joe showed GREAT hands in their win over the Rams this week. If he plays like that for two more weeks with Engram potentially out, he may end up staying a starter.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:51 pm

Couldn't agree more, another week or 2 like last weeks performance u bet your damn hat he will be named starter, I just hope JJ can keep pullin his weight ;-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Knicks4ever » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:36 pm

houstonoilers wrote:Michael Clayton-buy low
Roy Williams-buy low
Joe Horn-buy low
Reggie Wayne--buy low

i have clayton willams and wayne :-[
Knicks4ever
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker