Barber Fined... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Barber Fined...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Barber Fined...

Postby RayVins » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:15 pm

Buccaneers | Barber Fined $30,000
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:26:23 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB Ronde Barber has been fined $30,000 by the NFL for striking official Butch Hannah during a scuffle in the Week 5 game against the New York Jets Sunday, Oct. 9. Barber, who was not ejected from the game, said his intent was not to strike the official, but to defend himself and swat Jets C Kevin Mawae's hand off of his facemask. Barber is expected to appeal the fine.

how can you appeal that? pretty sure he punched him in the face...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Barber Fined...

Postby The_Dude » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:03 pm

RayVins wrote:
Buccaneers | Barber Fined $30,000
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:26:23 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB Ronde Barber has been fined $30,000 by the NFL for striking official Butch Hannah during a scuffle in the Week 5 game against the New York Jets Sunday, Oct. 9. Barber, who was not ejected from the game, said his intent was not to strike the official, but to defend himself and swat Jets C Kevin Mawae's hand off of his facemask. Barber is expected to appeal the fine.

how can you appeal that? pretty sure he punched him in the face...

"I didn't mean to punch the ref... I was trying to punch the guy on the other team!"

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby kevininvegas » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:55 pm

Barber by all accounts is a real good guy in the N.F.L. that is probably the reason he was not ejected in the game accident or no accident. It would be wise for Barber to apoligize, pay the fine and move on.
kevininvegas
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:00 pm

Good for him...look at him help out those charities! With Harrison out, someone else has to!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cinderboy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:07 pm

Barber is a good guy so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt here. It did look like he was trying to knock Kevin's hands away. I also think officials need to be careful when getting in between players. They are there to officiate the game, not break up fights. If the NFL wants them to break up fights they should at least wear some sort of protection. My 2 cents.
Cinderboy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk