NFC Norris Division - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFC Norris Division

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFC Norris Division

Postby The_Dude » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:00 pm

I think this was a question on the ESPN Sunday Morning show this weekend, and I thought I'd open it up to the Cafe...

The NFC North has to be the most pathetic division in professional sports right now. You have 4 teams, all with losing records (well, the Lions are .500, but they've played like they should have a losing record). Who wins this division? And, how many games do they win? (will they have a better record than the San Diego Padres?)

Right now, I honestly have to say that Green Bay has gotta be the favorite at 1-4... how ridiculous is that?

Please opine...

Dude

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:12 pm

Well, one could also argue that the Lions should be 3-1 right now as they had the outcome of the TB game reversed on a terrible call. Now, dont get me wrong - look at my sig - if the Lions were somehow 3-1, they would easily be the worst 3 win team in the NFL by far.

This is an awful division - terrible coaches, injuries, a tough schedule featuring the AFC North, and teams going through rebuilding phases. Not much else you can say right now. I would be suprised to see a 9 win team come out of this conference. Prior to the season, I said either the Bears or Lions would come out of it, and I stand by that guess.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:24 pm

I can only see the Packers coming out on Top, as they're the only team I can see winning a tough game against a tough team. The Bears might have had a shot, but they lost T. Jones for god knows how long.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:14 pm

If Detroit can get a QB somehow, they would have to be the favorites. Chicago and Minnesota are lacking, and GB is surviving only on the stubbornness of Favre. Someone forgot to tell him his team is injured and bad.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby husker_fanatic » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:21 pm

just like in baseball in the NL east how atlanta always pulls through, it seems that in the NFC north in football the packers always pull through
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:45 pm

This is about the saddest division ever, but hell, it's rather ideal for the Packers. You can rebuild your team AND compete for a playoff spot. I don't see the Lions winning the division, I don't think many people believe Joey Harrington can lead a team to the playoffs. The Bears are very young, Orton at QB and Benson getting the carries. The Vikings are just awful, why they went after Darren Sharper is beyond me, he is nothing. He makes an occasional great play, but it doesn't even come close to even out all of the bone-head, awful plays he makes each drive. Culpepper has looked awful, and a Viking offense without a running game is close to nothing. It's hard to say it, but I do think the Pack will come out on top. They've been competitive in every game this year. The defense looks much better, rookie second round draft pick Nick Collins is a very solid tackler and gives the Packers a future saftey. The only thing that might hurt the Packers is the running game, if they can't run, the passing game will not be able to reach its full potential.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:56 pm

maddog60 wrote:If Detroit can get a QB somehow, they would have to be the favorites. Chicago and Minnesota are lacking, and GB is surviving only on the stubbornness of Favre. Someone forgot to tell him his team is injured and bad.

I think I'll value this opinion since all the others were just homers with no facts, only homer bias.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:59 pm

The Bears have a good defense and if they can grind the ball out with Benson and TJ they have a good shot. They wont go anywhere in the playoffs but they have the best defense and probably the best rushing offense in the division.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:45 pm

The Bears have looked good with TJ, but his health is a concern and they havn't looked good outside of the running game.

Favre has impressed me these last two games, but even if he can keep it up it'll be very hard getting back to .500 after going 0-3.

The Vikings are looking really bad, and it's not just because they lost Randy Moss.

My (Homer) Pick is the Lions at 9-7. They have some hard games this year (Atlanta, Bengals, Steelers, Cowboys), but there are plenty that they can win on paper-(Saints and Cardinals, in addition to playing Minny 2x)
I'll throw this out there-

Detroit: 9-7
GB:7-9
Chi: 6-10
Min: 6-10
(I didn't work their schedules into this much, so this outcome might be impossible ;-D )
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby spodog » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:43 pm

I gotta go with the Vikings. This is not hard to figure out. The Bears, Lions and fudgepackers have no cheerleaders!

As the only NFC (in this case - not f'ing competitive) North division team with Cheerleaders, the Vikes will probably take it.

Prediction: they win the division with a 7-9 record.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk