NFC Norris Division - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFC Norris Division

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:07 am

Norris division, Dude? Very un-Dudelike, man.

I think just like little girls fighting, whichever team can get a couple of punches in should take it. I have a hard time believing that the Vikes won't get their Tice together and outscore enough teams to win it. Their D should play better the second half as well and their schedule isn't that tough.

The Pack has to rely on Favre and that was good enough in the past. But the loss of the two O-linemen and Walker to go with the continued decline of the D signals the end of the run. Too much mold on that cheese.

Bears have the best D and solid run game, but no QB will kill them too many times. Next season perhaps.

Lions. See Bears. Now take away the D. Another season passing by in which the Lions have a great opportunity to win the division but inept coaching and QB play keeps team down. Now star WR whining in SI about terrible passes and nobody having faith in Harrington. These guys need a getaway weekendto bond. I wonder if Smoot travel agency can set something up?

ViQueens
Packers
Lions
Bears

All finish between 8-8 and 6-10. A double bagger to be sure.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:59 am

When it comes to predicting this porous divisons, lots of "if's" come to mind. If Green Bay was healthy, I'd go with them. If Minny had Moss, I'd go with them. If Chicago had a QB and/or a shored-up running attack, I'd go with them.

So, basically because the Lions are looking the best at the moment (KJ is running pretty well; defense is only looking semi-horrid), then I'll go with them. Yikes. And I thought the NFC West was bad.

Oh, wait. It is.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Vixtor » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:10 am

I think Detroit will take it down with an 8-8 record.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:18 am

I guess it pretty much comes down to the lesser of four evils! I like moochman's analogy with the little girls fighting...every game between teams in this division should be a "battle". CHI has a great defense, but if they can't get something going on offense, there's no way they can contend. MIN needs to find some rythm on offense before anything can happen. DET can put up points and they're running the ball fairly well...just need a little consistency. GB is riding on Favre's arm once again...if A. Green can come back and stay healthy, I think they'll contend with DET for the division title. Who knows though...MIN went to the playoffs last year with an 8-8 record and GB won the division with a 10-6 record...you can't count anyone out just yet. My prediction: GB wins division at 9-7.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:36 am

Green Bay with Favre is the favorite in the NFC North in my eyes and they always will be as long as Favre is playing Favre-like football. They started 1-4 last year as well... and won their 3rd consecutive division title.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Fool42 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:48 am

I'm not sure who will win but the Vikes are more concerned with getting a little tale and partying than winning games so I gotta pick them to finish last. Just too much going wrong in that org to pick for anything but last place. Pretty sad statement with the talent they got. What a waste.
Winning isn't everything...It's the only thing!

Vince Lombardi
Fool42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:51 am

Fool42 wrote:I'm not sure who will win but the Vikes are more concerned with getting a little tale and partying than winning games so I gotta pick them to finish last.

It was their bye week. You think that 20-something year old NFL players should stay home and read books on Vince Lombardi?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fool42 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:57 pm

They have offseasons for that kind of stuff. Yes during the season if they expect to win they should be completely dedicated to football. Check with the Patriots and see if that kind of behavior is common during the season. Players that want to win will make sacrifices. Players that only want to get paid will paty like 20 yr olds.
Winning isn't everything...It's the only thing!

Vince Lombardi
Fool42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Dude » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:59 pm

moochman wrote:Norris division, Dude? Very un-Dudelike, man.

Un-Dude of me for bringing up the lowly Norris Division, or for calling it the Norris division?

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:46 am

The_Dude wrote:
moochman wrote:Norris division, Dude? Very un-Dudelike, man.

Un-Dude of me for bringing up the lowly Norris Division, or for calling it the Norris division?

That's heavy, Dude. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk