Week 6 Breakthrough.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 6 Breakthrough..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 6 Breakthrough..

Postby daullaz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:02 pm

Well, Chris Brown disappointed somewhat in week 5, but hopefully he does better this week as I'm forced to keep relying on him in a $$ league.

For Week 6, I'm going with the obvious...

Thomas Jones has been doing an excellent job as the Chicago running back. But as he was labeled as a disappointment coming into this year, I think credit needs to be given to the Chicago O-Line as well. They've done an excellent job opening holes, and Jones has done an excellent job attacking those holes.

Benson is a phenomenal north-south runner, and I think much of the trouble for him so far has been the indecisiveness in picking a hole and attacking it. He's been looking for the SportsCenter highlight everytime instead of how to make a solid 3-5 yards on the play. The Bears have a week to prepare him for the starting role, and knowing he'll bet the majority of the carries, he's the kind of player that rises to challenges. You know the Bears defense can keep the Viking offense in check, and the Minnesota team might be suffering a hangover from the bye week. I like Benson for 120 yards on the ground and one or two scores this week.

Who's your Week 6 Breakthrough?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:05 pm

I'd also say Cedric. Against a bad Min. D and TJ out spells good game for Ced.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dave416 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:00 pm

I am of the opinion that Benson will never be an effective NFL back...not sure why.

I'll go Jabar Gaffney.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Tiki » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:11 pm

I think Bradford is gunna have the better week
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby euclid530 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:46 pm

i think benson might be effective but a 120 and 2 scores? i think chicago will get down and won't be able to run as much but he still should have a good week
euclid530
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sleepers3 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:58 pm

Hate to rain on your parade but Benson sucks.He has done nothing but run his mouth.Thomas Jones is much more versatile and is faster.When he isn't injured he will be back.
Dominick Davis 1500 yards you watch!!!!
sleepers3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby daullaz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:31 pm

euclid530 wrote:i think benson might be effective but a 120 and 2 scores? i think chicago will get down and won't be able to run as much but he still should have a good week

One or two scores.

This is a different Viking offense than years past. They turn the ball over, and with no Randy Moss to double cover, teams can defend the run a lot easier. Nate Burleson is also going to miss the game. Don't see how Minnesota will go up early against the Bears in Chicago and force the team to play from behind.

sleepers3 wrote:Hate to rain on your parade but Benson sucks.He has done nothing but run his mouth.Thomas Jones is much more versatile and is faster.When he isn't injured he will be back.

And what sample size are you using to make this claim? His handful of carries thus far in the NFL? He is a top-five pick and not even halfway through his rookie season; it's a little early to be writing him off.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby a4ce » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:21 am

Adrian Peterson comes in and has a breakthrough performance.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Mr. Copernicus » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:53 am

a4ce wrote:Adrian Peterson comes in and has a breakthrough performance.

I was kinda thinking the same thing.
Mr. Copernicus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby daullaz » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:09 am

Peterson's been in Chi-Town longer than either of the two backs ahead of him on the depth chart. If the Bears wanted him to start, they wouldn't have brought Thomas Jones in and started him over Peterson, and they SURELY woudn't have used the #4 overall pick in the draft on a RB.

Jones hasn't been completely ruled out of the game yet (GTD) but I don't think he's going to play. The only thing worrying my about my Benson pick now is the health of the offensive line. Two starters are questionable, and if either of them has to miss the game or is limited in what they can do, it might be a long day for the Bears offense.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

Next

Return to Football Talk