Week 6 Sleeper Picks... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 6 Sleeper Picks...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 6 Sleeper Picks...

Postby CeeLoGreen » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:21 am

Just wanted some opinions on those who might have a unexpected big game this week. I just like hearing the differing opinions of the cafe members.
CeeLoGreen
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mr. Copernicus » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:51 am

Darrell/Derrick??? Armstrong... mark it down!!! Why? Because no way is Gaffney gonna carry the load through the air, I'm willing to bet Palmer's job on it. Oh, wait...
Mr. Copernicus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Sleeper WR

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:48 am

T. Taylor,WR -- he may not be a true sleeper, but he should have a huge weekend and he's still available in a lot of leagues because of being released for last week's bye.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Challie » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:01 am

You said sleepers, so these are pretty deep. Guys even if I make a good case for, probably still aren't worth the chances of picking up.

QB:

BRIAN GRIESE ... I just don't see Tampa being able to run on Miami, and Miami is giving up a high amount of passing TDs. Griese's not having a bad season.

DAVID CARR ... Just in case Griese's not deep enough of a sleeper. Even if the points have to come in garbage time, you know these guys will be behind. Seattle will get their share of sacks but the defense is nothing terribly special. Just a hunch, though, I can't imagine it's worth rolling the dice on him. If you don't have better options, you got troubles in general.

RB:

ADRIAN PETERSON ... Maybe it's more midweek misdirection, but I really feel like Lovie Smith does not feel comfortable with Benson. Even if I'm wrong, this is an odd game which could be a blowout either way (where will find out if a sex boat is good preparation or bad preparation) and Peterson finds a lot of touches. By the way, the Vikes are the worst rushing defense in the league.

T.J. DUCKETT ... Not a terribly deep sleeper but I like his endzone chances a lot against the Saints. I think there's a bigger fantasy game here for TJ than Dunn. Call me crazy.

WR:

DOUG GABRIEL ... Yes, Doug Gabriel. The Chargers have given up lots of scores to #3 and #4 WRs so far this year. Big CB dropoff from Jammer and Florence to the nickel backs.

KEVIN JOHNSON ... I will not stand by this prediction, BUT. He got as many looks as Mike Williams last week and those are the last 2 receivers left vs. a Carolina defense that gives up an awful lot to the pass.

TE:

JEB PUTZIER ... The Patriots have given up 3 big games to TEs so far this year, and the safeties keep disappearing: Rodney Harrison patrols no more and Chad Scott just went on the IR. I feel good saying that Denver will get a TE score, but the hard part is whether that would be Putzier, Alexander or even tackle eligible Dwayne Carswell.

That's 7 deeeeep sleepers I'd consider these to be decent predictions if 3 of them produce.
Last edited by Challie on Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby allmotorjunkie » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:18 am

If TJ Housh sits again....I like Chris Henry to be a good sleeper.
allmotorjunkie
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The_Dude » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:34 pm

I've said this in another thread already, but I like D.J. Hackett to catch a touchdown this week. He was targeted in the endzone last week, but ended up getting mugged, drawing the PI call and setting up SA's 1 yd td run.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Return to Football Talk