Is This Team Gonna Come Around? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is This Team Gonna Come Around?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is This Team Gonna Come Around?

Postby a1doug182 » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:51 pm

I am 1-3 in a twelve team league that is the same scoring system as CBS except we start 3 WRs. I felt really good going into the season but my team is not producing the way I feel it can. I am receiving trade offers but don't feel that I am getting the value that I should because my players are slumping. I just want some feedback on weather I should try and make any deals or ride it out with what I have. I am leaning toward riding it out because I feel that most of my players(mainly my RBs) will come around. Here is my team.

QB- T.Green, B.Johnson, J.Miller
RB- A.Green, C.Dillon, A.Smith, K.Barlow, J.Wells
WR- J.Horn, D.Jackson, A.Toomer, D.Patten, J.Morton
TE- J.Riemersma
K- M.Gramatica
D- StL
a1doug182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joe_montana » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:17 pm

A Smith isn't gonna come around. Brady will continue to throw like he has, and NE doesn't need or like Smith right now. See if you can get something for him. Other than that, this is a pretty good team. Ahman Green will come around.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby a1doug182 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:06 am

Is this all the input I can get?
a1doug182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby yoda83 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:28 am

hey, doug! joe's input may be short, but it's right on. just about all of your other players are performing below par, so unless you can find a trader who's not going to completely fleece you, you gotta hold on. i think your guys should come around. if u CAN trade a.smith, you can try and do that. i dont think we can expect too much from him. im not sure how the cbs scoring goes, but u might want to think about dropping j.miller and picking up someone else... if u guys are allowed. also, u might want to get a different defense. im from stl and it just aint happenin this year. but again, im not familiar with the scoring system.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby a1doug182 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:11 pm

Thanks guys. I've been looking for a defense but not much to choose from on free agents, just waiting for one to step up. And you may be right but I just think that A.Smith will come around, he didn't have a 100 yd game until like week 7 or 8 last season and I feel like sooner or later teams are going to really gear up to stop the pass. Last season Brady got only 3 TD passes after the halfway point or something like that and their Off. Coordinator has a history of being strong on the run. But like I said you guys could be right but no one is offering any value for any of the players that they are trying to trade for.
a1doug182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby gavin256 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:36 pm

No im sorry but i dont think your team is going to come around. I think you have a few duds. The list as follows:
J.Miller
J.Wells
J.Morton
StL(Defense)
Get rid of these and find something better. There must be something better on waivers or in the FA pool. Good luck.
gavin256
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kashikis » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:05 am

your team aint that bad they just startin slow so dont freak out yet
yes the players gavin listed arent doing well but they are all lik4-5 on your depth chart so you could dump some for possible sleepers. i would probably hold on to wells because he might get the starting job by the end of the season ... well at least dont dump him quite yet but the rest probably wont help your team much. just keep your eye open for good trades and on the FA list
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk