USC/ND - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

USC/ND

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flockers » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:07 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:
dave416 wrote:That being said, Bush should get the Heisman, he is the reason they won today.

Vince Young had a 5 TD day.

Yeah baby! ;-D
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Payne Dailey » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:07 pm

killiansjmd wrote:Do you guys think ND will stay in the Top 10 with 2 losses???

I think they drop out but stay in the top 20.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:08 pm

dave416 wrote:Also, the fact that Reggie Bush pushed Leinart into the endzone is a personal foul itself (although this rule is never enforced).

That being said, Bush should get the Heisman, he is the reason they won today. (well, that and the fumble marked inside the 1)

I was extremely impressed with him. This is the first time since VT played them last year that I have been able to watch a USC game. That guy is unbelievable.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:01 am

looks to me like a 3 man race for the heisman between vick young and bush
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby dave416 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:28 am

Payne Dailey wrote:
dave416 wrote:That being said, Bush should get the Heisman, he is the reason they won today.

True, but against Colorado at home. Bush was on the road against ND for a nationally televised game that virtually everyone was watching. Plus he gets 10 yards every time he touches the ball. ;-)
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby sharptongued1 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:28 am

dave416 wrote:
Payne Dailey wrote:

True, but against Colorado at home. Bush was on the road against ND for a nationally televised game that virtually everyone was watching. Plus he gets 10 yards every time he touches the ball. ;-)

How quickly they forget the Texas-Ohio State game....
Last edited by sharptongued1 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:27 am

Yeah, amazing to think if Leinart didn't fumble, USC would have been in a near impossible spot to win that game.

And they gave them a great spot, and stopped the clock..and let Bush get away with pushing him into the endzone.

Just lots of things that went wrong there...although if they could have stopped them on 4th and 9, game over. That was an amazing play.

I couldn't believe 4th and 1 inside their own 20, and USC went for it and got it. I pull that crap in playstation and get away with it but you just don't see that in 'real' football. Gutsy call.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dave416 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:30 am

sharptongued1 wrote:
dave416 wrote:
Payne Dailey wrote:

No, I remember the game, but I was saying that Bush will get more accolades for his performance today. And what game would the Heisman voters be watching? Not Texas/Colorado. ;-)
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:28 am

dave416 wrote: And what game would the Heisman voters be watching? Not Texas/Colorado. ;-)

I'm pretty sure the voters will see the game tape.

Vince Young 25/29 336yds 2 TDs 58yds rushing 3 TDs.

Reggie Bush 160yds rushing 3 TDs 35 yds receiving.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sharptongued1 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:23 pm

dave416 wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:
dave416 wrote:
Payne Dailey wrote:

No, I remember the game, but I was saying that Bush will get more accolades for his performance today. And what game would the Heisman voters be watching? Not Texas/Colorado. ;-)

Not to argue something so trivial, but the Texas-Ohio State game was a prime time game with no other football game to pull viewers whereas in the same time slot as the USC-Notre Dame game, you had another face-off between two top ten teams (LSU/FLA), and two other ranked teams (Texas/Colo) not to mention the Penn St./Mich game. Do you really believe more voters saw that game rather than the Texas/OSU game?
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to College Football