USC/ND - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

USC/ND

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dave416 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:30 pm

I would say that about a similar amount of people saw it. I mean, I understand what you were saying, but this USC/ND game was hyped more than any game in recent memory. Personally, I was switching between that game and PSU/MICH. But with so many possible candidates in the USC/ND game (Leinart, Bush, and possibly even Quinn if he had led his team to a W in an impressive performance), I think that game garnered many viewers.

Either way, the race is between Young and Bush for now. If the season ended today, I would give it to Bush by a hair. (although the fact that Leinart is on his team could hurt him)
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby AZirishfan » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:48 am

Great game. Loved it and hated it (that they lost). I think that if they would have had replay like they should have (USC coach didnt want) that the ball would have been placed back at least the 1 if the 2 yard line. Maybe they would have gone for the FG and tied. Always going for the win thats a true CHAMP! I just cant believe that they are 0-2 at HOME??? 4-0 on the ROAD???? Maybe they should have played that game at USC. I justed looked at the polls and some have them staying at 9th(AP) and down to 12th(USA Today) also 11th(Harris). One more thing those GREEN jersey are awesome with the gold #'s hope they wear those more
AZirishfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:40 am

Just in case anyone's wondering, Bush/Leinart publically admitted that Bush pushed Leinart into the endzone in an interview, which is very specifically stated as being illegal in the rulebook.

Tough to throw a flag on that right at the end of the game, but considering the series of events that led up to it, you'd think ND could've gotten at least one of the calls.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:58 am

Free Bagel wrote:Just in case anyone's wondering, Bush/Leinart publically admitted that Bush pushed Leinart into the endzone in an interview, which is very specifically stated as being illegal in the rulebook.

Tough to throw a flag on that right at the end of the game, but considering the series of events that led up to it, you'd think ND could've gotten at least one of the calls.

They had Pac-10 officilas for the game so you knew going in that ND would not catch any breaks.

They never enforce that rule as many teams get away with but that was pretty obvious!!

Nice to see the Irish still ranked in the top 10 but they are 16th in the BCS poll.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to College Football