Yahoo scoring? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Yahoo scoring?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo scoring?

Postby moonhead » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:22 pm

they just subtracted a bears blocked kick from my defense...anyone know what that's about?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby moonhead » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:32 pm

did anyone see the game? was there not a kick blocked? yahoo took it away after the game was over.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby smackthefirst » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:05 pm

Yes and no. Edinger kicked a FG from 32. It was tipped/hit but not blocked. The kick ended short. Not sure how that would go down. But nfl.com has this scoring:

(10:37) (Field Goal formation) P.Edinger 32 yard field goal is No Good, Short, Center-C.Loeffler, Holder-B.Johnson. Ball tipped by #70 Boone and kick landed short
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby moonhead » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:09 pm

smackthefirst wrote:Yes and no. Edinger kicked a FG from 32. It was tipped/hit but not blocked. The kick ended short. Not sure how that would go down. But nfl.com has this scoring:

(10:37) (Field Goal formation) P.Edinger 32 yard field goal is No Good, Short, Center-C.Loeffler, Holder-B.Johnson. Ball tipped by #70 Boone and kick landed short

hmm...sounds like it could be a block....thanks for the info Smack. I don't know how you would differentiate between a block and a partial block/tipped kick.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Flannel Shirt » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:55 pm

what the hell, it was a blocked kick the one guy got a hand on it.

I need all the points I can get cause of Dillion not playing
This is only my opinion, if you play the players I suggest and they do not perform well, please don't yell at me.
A Flannel Shirt
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby A Flannel Shirt » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:58 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20051016003

Kyle Orton completed 16 of 25 passes for 117 yards with an interception and two touchdowns, both to tight end Desmond Clark. Daunte Culpepper was 26-of-48 for 237 yards and two interceptions, and the Vikings fell to 1-4. Former Bear Paul Edinger kicked a 23-yard field goal in the first half after missing a 52-yarder, but had a 32-yarder blocked early in the third quarter.

wtf!!!
This is only my opinion, if you play the players I suggest and they do not perform well, please don't yell at me.
A Flannel Shirt
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:27 pm

I believe the rule is that it is not a counted as a blocked kick if it passes the line of scrimmage. :-/

I don't know why other than maybe they figure that if it's tipped and goes across the line that it becomes an attempt...obviously there is about a 0% chance that it can be successful, but it's an attempt nonetheless.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:31 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I believe the rule is that it is not a counted as a blocked kick if it passes the line of scrimmage. :-/

I don't know why other than maybe they figure that if it's tipped and goes across the line that it becomes an attempt...obviously there is about a 0% chance that it can be successful, but it's an attempt nonetheless.

yeah...I began discussing it with some of my friends after I started this thread and that was the only conclusion that we could come to....But we didn't know for sure. Thanks MB! B-)
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CapitalGoofBall » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:39 pm

If Yahoo runs like sportsline, they tell you that no scores are final to Tuesday morning. Use the computer before then as a guide. If your game comes down to the 2 points that you lost/gained wait to tuesday and see what Yahoo has to say about it. Until then chill and let the fantasy football G-ds figure it out.
The chief enemy of creativity is 'good' taste

Pablo Picasso
CapitalGoofBall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:42 pm

CapitalGoofBall wrote:If Yahoo runs like sportsline, they tell you that no scores are final to Tuesday morning. Use the computer before then as a guide. If your game comes down to the 2 points that you lost/gained wait to tuesday and see what Yahoo has to say about it. Until then chill and let the fantasy football G-ds figure it out.

well, I pretty much wrapped up my game tonight with alexander's performance. i was down 35 and now I'm up 3 with jackson, bulger, and wayne tomorrow...so I don't think it will be an issue. But it looked like it could be an issue earlier today.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting