Buy-Low Candidates - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buy-Low Candidates

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:32 pm

maddog60 wrote:I'm not touching any of the Vikings this year.

I wouldn't touch any of them either knowing what they touched on the ferry boat.

*comedic pause*

But seriously, many Culpepper owners of the world are probably willing to trade him for a stick of gum at this point. Why not buy low just on the prospect that he pulls his head out of his butt?

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:41 pm

Kinda like Me and Dom Davis, I have him in a PPR league but after watching him play SEATTLE I dont think I want him but cant trade him off either, I mean he was shut down, got that lucky TD and that was all.

I am going to try and get Mcgahee
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:52 pm

With the way Perry is playing i dont know if i would want Rudi on my team...
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby foulballstrike3 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:00 pm

Spedieddie wrote:trent green

mcgahee
d. davis
j. lewis

a. johnson
j. horn
j. porter

McGahee, um ok, I wouldn't say he is a buy low at this point. He has been perfectly fine, and everyone and their mothers know his production will only get better because of Holcomb. Kevin Jones or Jamal Lewis would be some decent candidates.
foulballstrike3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby foulballstrike3 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:01 pm

mcgahee
d. davis
j. lewis

a. johnson
j. horn
j. porter

McGahee, um ok, I wouldn't say he is a buy low at this point. He has been perfectly fine, and everyone and their mothers know his production will only get better because of Holcomb. Kevin Jones or Jamal Lewis would be some decent candidates.
foulballstrike3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby foulballstrike3 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:03 pm

mcgahee
d. davis
j. lewis

a. johnson
j. horn
j. porter

foulballstrike3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Paladyr » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:08 am

Why are people still mentioning cpepp???? I would hate to be you playing ff b/c you probably hang on to players for WAY too long hoping they are going to pick it up lol.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jayday » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:30 am

Paladyr wrote:Why are people still mentioning cpepp???? I would hate to be you playing ff b/c you probably hang on to players for WAY too long hoping they are going to pick it up lol.

because his value is dirt cheap right now....you wouldnt get anything for him....

park him on the pine in case he does pull through....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Paladyr » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:20 pm

jayday wrote:
Paladyr wrote:Why are people still mentioning cpepp???? I would hate to be you playing ff b/c you probably hang on to players for WAY too long hoping they are going to pick it up lol.

because his value is dirt cheap right now....you wouldnt get anything for him....

park him on the pine in case he does pull through....

Yea but why would you want to "buy" him low??? He's not going to get any better!!! Buying low implies their performance will increase, and it's just not possible for cpepp. He'll be riding the bench at this rate lol.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:34 pm

I dunno with Culpepper, I still think he's a big buy low candidate based on potential alone. He looks horrible right now, but he's getting Burleson back this week and he's had a very good game at home already. Not to mention he has only played 1 divisional game thus far and the rest of his games came against the NFC South (Ouch) and the Bengal's (lead NFL in turnovers last time I checked). The NFC North isn't full of defensive juggernauts.. in fact the only good defense is Chicago and that is the only tema Culpepper has faced.. and that was at Soldier Field. Just look at what Culpepper he did against the poor New Orleans D at home(his only favorable matchup thus far), he racked up 250/3 in the first half of the game!

Culpepper is on a bad team and they are likely to be passing a lot, just like Brett Favre and the Packer's. Remember how bad he started the season off? Culpepper is on pace RIGHT NOW to throw for 4,000 yards this season. He gets to face GB X 2, Det X 2, Carolina, Cleveland.. he's got some favorable matchups on the schedule.

Not to mention, he's getting goalline looks on the ground, he has a rookie WR that is maturing, his #1 WR is returning from injury, the ground game is starting to gain traction with Mewelde Moore, and Culpepper has always had the ability to rack up some points on the ground. If he can turn the TD/INT ratio around a little bit, he can still finish as a top10 QB option, maybe even top5. And if you consider that most of that would come in the 2nd half of the season, it increases his value even more going forward. For a guy that you might be able to get for Mark freaking Brunell, that is a huge buy low candidate IMO.

The real signal for things to come will be this Sunday at home versus GB. I think Minny has not only a good chance to win this game, but to put a lot of points on the board as well. Sticking with my philsophy that you should wait for 3 consecutive bad performances before you give up on a guy, this is Cpepp's last chance.

P.S. if Michael Clayton is still starting for your team, THAT is holding on too long.

P.P.S - Tony Gonzalez too

---

To summarize, we all know Cpepr's not gonna finish with:
251.2 YPG, 0.8 TD, 2.4 INT =
4,000/12/38 on the season.....

--
On the other hand, if he turns that around to look like:
250 YPG, 1.5 TD, 1.0 INT

= 4000/21/23, modest numbers

But add on his customary rushing totals, he could easily still be a top10, maybe even top5 QB.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk