Let's talk big 3 RB's for next year...FF wise - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Let's talk big 3 RB's for next year...FF wise

Moderator: Football Moderators

Let's talk big 3 RB's for next year...FF wise

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:41 pm

Of course, the big 3 I'm talking about here are Reggie Bush, Deangelo Williams, and Lawrence Maroney. We could argue about who's the best, or how great they are forever. But that's not what I'd like to discuss here. Really, I'd like to focus on two main issues.

1) Bush and Maroney are juniors, are they sure-things to come out and enter the draft? Extremely likely to come out?

2) What teams are going to be drafting RBs early next year? Even deeper, how likely are these guys to fall into good fantasy situations vs. bottomless pits? Offhand, I think we're looking at teams like NYJ and Cleveland, but then there are teams on the cusp like Minn, NE, etc and darkhorse teams like Indy/Sea.

Feel free to expand on these topics, like what are the chances that Indy/Sea don't re-sign Edge/SA and draft one of these guys. They'd likely be the most highly valued rookie RB's to come out in ages if they landed in one of those situations.

Not sure if this should go here or in the football leftovers section, since it's both college and FF based, but I figured I'd try it here with the college gurus and the mods can always move it if it's more appropriate there.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:56 pm

Well I think that depending on how the Jets finish up this season, I do believe that they will be drafting one of those three guys. If the lose the rest of their games, which they might, they will probably take Reggie Bush. If they end up 7-9 or 8-8, which is likely, then they will probably be looking at taking Maroney.

Whoever they take will be pretty much a nonfactor next season, because Curtis is not quite done, as was evident in todays game. That being said, if they do take Reggie Bush, I think he will have some fantasy value because he is a great pass catcher, and is too good to have on the sidelines.

Personally, i do believe that reggie bush will come out. Matt Leinart is a very rare individual, and I think that the lure of top 5 money will cause reggie to enter the draft. I'm not as sure about Maroney, but I'd be suprised if he doesn't come out.

I do think that Seattle will lose Alexander this offseason, and will be looking to draft a RB. Cleveland of course needs a RB, as does San Francisco (maybe?) and even Arizona, if they do not want to suffer with Arrington and Shipp for another year.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:22 pm

Maroney is coming out for sure and I think would be the best FF back with no PPR since Bush will probably get taken ahead of him even though he isnt as good of NFL back and would most likely mean Maroney in a better situation. Also he is to hoping that the Packers get Maroney or Williams with Ahman and Najeh being FAs

Also for FF I would love to be a dynasty draft with these guys coming out because Bush will be taken first because of his name and will be the worst of the 3
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby aussieboy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:43 pm

I'm interested in this question also.

Those 3 RB are expected to go very early arent they? Surely teams like Indiana and Seattle would be out of the hunt to land them unless they trade up?

I'm not so sure Seattle would spend such a high pick on a RB, even if they do lose SA. Morris seems to be more than capable of doing well in their system. Surely defense would be more of a pressing issue for the Seahawks.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:42 am

aussieboy wrote:Those 3 RB are expected to go very early arent they? Surely teams like Indiana and Seattle would be out of the hunt to land them unless they trade up?

Well, I guess the issue is how many teams are going to be looking for RBs. Similar to two years ago where there was some good RB talent on the board all the way down towards the end of the first round because not many teams were looking for a RB that year.

It doesn't seem like there are many teams that clearly need a RB like there were headed into last year.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cards24 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:33 am

If talent like Bush is on the board they will get drafted regarless a team needs a RB or not ;-)
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to College Football