Thomas Jones is the Man - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Thomas Jones is the Man

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mgblues » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:58 pm

I know how you feel sfcpollo... "ahhhh!!! *ripping hair off my scalp* i benched him to start benson... i cant believe he actually played... "

I got up early, checked all the way up until 11:30 or so & everyone was still saying he wasn't going to play. I've been singing his praises all year & would've played him had I known he was going to play. However, I played S. Davis instead & got waffled. Now I am going to lose my 5th consecutive matchup & it is one that I would've won had I played Jones.

Thanx to Guttpuppy for the awesome signature.

"We're on a mission from God." --- mgblues
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CommissionerBobHope » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:25 pm

mgblues wrote:I know how you feel sfcpollo... "ahhhh!!! *ripping hair off my scalp* i benched him to start benson... i cant believe he actually played... "

ditto, jones screwed me so bad. I had him as well. I also started cadillac and benched pittman.
A penny saved won't buy you anything.
CommissionerBobHope
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikefu » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:24 pm

same here, i definitely would have played him had there been the smallest hint he might go, it sounded to me like it was going to be benson's day to burn or shine. it turned out to be ok, i still won by a decent margin but tj duckett gave me a big fat zero where t jones should have been.
mikefu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantasizing » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:19 pm

why didn't they draft a QB instead of another RB...????
stupid chicago management......they need to play him sooner or later.......they signed him to a huge contract.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ditka's Bears » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:52 am

I have Jones too, benched him for Stokely for my flex position. But I have LT and Alexander, so they carried me this week. But this week, I am playing Jones, LT and Alexander!!!
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Ditka's Bears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tc » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:58 am

Ditka's Bears wrote:I have Jones too, benched him for Stokely for my flex position. But I have LT and Alexander, so they carried me this week. But this week, I am playing Jones, LT and Alexander!!!

wtf?? LT and Alexander?? what is your league you and the little sisters of the poor? i sure hope its a keeper league or else those one man leagues kind of mean you need to get out more..haha just kidding man, but that a killer combo. i would just quit if someone else in my league had that..haha
tc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CapitalGoofBall » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:27 pm

Cedric Benson is the 00's answear to the 90's Curtis Ennis.

Plus I thought that Benson jumped the shark when he became the top aide to the governor (Sorry that the wrong "Benson"- what were we talking about...)
The chief enemy of creativity is 'good' taste

Pablo Picasso
CapitalGoofBall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Sipho » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:59 pm

The Bears had a ton of problems going into this year, but I don't think running back was one of them. I am a lifelong Bears fan, and I was happy with Jones at RB, with A-Train as a change of pace. Considering the laundry list of things Angelo could have addressed in the draft, he takes one of the few positions the Bears don't really need help with. His days are numbered in Chicago.
Sipho
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:15 pm

I'm suprised that Ken dude hasn't come in here with that famous saying "Thomas Jones = Turd"

:-b :-D
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:33 pm

kingctb27 wrote:I'm suprised that Ken dude hasn't come in here with that famous saying "Thomas Jones = Turd"

:-b :-D

Yeah..no kidding! I guess he can't say much after last week's performance! TJ is having a great year...I hope he can stay healthy and continue to be the (only) bright spot on the Bears offense!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting