The Sunday night crew has gotta be the most stoopid ppl ever - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

The Sunday night crew has gotta be the most stoopid ppl ever

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Sunday night crew has gotta be the most stoopid ppl ever

Postby Vikes4ever » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:39 pm

Mcguire went "try to name a team in the nfc that's better than Seattle right now"
how about Atlanta? Tampa?
the Thieseman(sp) went "even in the afc!"
....lol??
Vikes4ever
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigDballer » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:38 am

Cowboys (find out next week ;-D) ? Hell, all 4 teams in the NFC east can beat Sea. Guess they ran out of things to say.
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moonhead » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:43 am

i heard one of them say something to this effect: "Carr is on schedule to be sacked 108 times this year, that would be an NFL record...if that happens he'll need a face transplant..."

What the hell is a face transplant? And why would you need a new face if you were getting sacked with a helmet on? I could understand if you'd need a full body cast, or a butt massage, or something like that...but face transplant? how does one come up with that?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby The Maestro » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:55 am

The Hawks beat Atlanta, so you can't count them. Tampa might be, and possibly Dallas. We'll find out next week.

I agree with you though about the ESPN guys. You'd think the Worldwide Leader could find some better people for their NFL crew. I have to say, though, as a Hawks fan, it certainly was refreshing to hear people at the national level giving us some love.
The Maestro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MartinBlank » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:51 am

Here is one of my favorite quotes from one of those three stooges tonight. "Given what we have seen this week Philadelphia might be beatable in NFC championship game this year"...Might be beatable? First of Philadelphia didn't even play this week. More importantly have already lost..to ATL and DAL? Anyone else remember that? Doesn't that mean they are beatbale? It seems a little prmature to annoit them as an entry in the championship game even as horrible as the NFC is. Presumablely at least one of those two will be in the playoffs if not both, not to mention the impressive looking SEA offense (still not sold on the defense).
QB- Brady, Roeth
RB- Addai. Brown, Betts, Jordan, B Jackson, Foster
WR-Holt, Colston, Johnson, Stallworth, M Jones, Henderson
TE- Witten, McMichael
D- GB, PHI
K- Scobee, Gould

Keeper/Cap League 10 teams
PLAY: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D
Bench: 12
MartinBlank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:35 am

I think something to keep in mind Seattle beat and beat badly --------Houston.

Not to take anything away from their win, but congrats you did what 4 other teams have done this year too.

That said, they do look like they could be very tough down the stretch and into the playoffs. Their line looked amazing, and are doing it without their 2 starting WRs.

At least Houston can rebound next week against the Colts. :-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheApostle » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:59 am

The Sunday night guys at the very least are entertaining. Its like watching a car wreck. I honestly think the games will be less interesting next year without Theisman and McGuire being together. I think Monday Night Football will be better with Theisman. Mike Patrick is an underrated annoucer playing straight man to these two guys. No other reason to watch that game after the 2nd quarter except to hear what they might say.
TheApostle
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby rentz » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:35 am

thats one reason its so hard for me to watch sunday night football, the guys are such a beating, and i just absolutely cant stand joe theisman .
with that being said, id rather watch them than some of cbs and fox's
no name teams that man the booth.
rentz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:28 am

I like them they are pretty funny. I look forward to hearing their hairbrained comments.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby physcho20x9 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:08 am

Is Theisman up in the booth now? Or is he still ranging around the field looking for reporters and cheerleaders to make out with?
physcho20x9
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting