Thoughts on Greg Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Greg Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on Greg Jones

Postby CeeLoGreen » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:58 pm

I just picked him up due to an open roster spot. If "Fragile" Freddy continues to have injury problems, could this guy see some serious action. I have McGahee, T. Barber, Droughns, and D. Foster but could Jones move up to replace Droughns at my flex position???? Any input, info or insights would be appreciated.
CeeLoGreen
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby giants! » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:11 pm

Hes a big back so he can see goal- line carries even with taylor in. However, he will never get all the carries b/c he is still splitting with pearman
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CeeLoGreen » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:15 pm

He definately out-performed Pearman today. Any info on Fred Talyors status??? They have a bye next week so things could be back to normal by then.
CeeLoGreen
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:32 pm

He looked pretty good today. Much better then Pearman, and will still get carries when Freddy comes back.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CeeLoGreen » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:34 pm

Any other opinions??? Any Jags fans out there?
CeeLoGreen
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby warrick95 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:26 pm

I watched Jones a lot at FSU. He's one of my favorite players. Beyond the typical scouting report that he is a big bruising back, I'd like to share the info that he tore his ACL during his junior year and never looked the same senior year. He probably ran in the mid 4.5's (good for a 250 pounder) prior to getting hurt and never got the explosiveness back his last year at FSU. That showed at combines for sure.

I've always thought that Greg has a superb combination of size and decent enough speed (certainly faster than Bettis) to be a great running back in the NFL. Perhaps that's because I'm a bit of a homer, but if he's truly recovered, I'd watch out.

I'm not sure I'd pick him up unless I owned Taylor or had a very expendable spot. Taylor's injury doesn't look too serious (though with him, you never know) and JAX has a bye this coming week.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby CeeLoGreen » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:57 am

Bump...Any other opinions..My league is extremely thin at RB. Someone used a number 7 of 12 waiver priority to snag Marshall Faulk in my league.
CeeLoGreen
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:53 am

I think Jones has better value than Pearman because he'll still see goal line and short yardage work when Freddy returns...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:07 am

CeeLoGreen wrote:Bump...Any other opinions..My league is extremely thin at RB. Someone used a number 7 of 12 waiver priority to snag Marshall Faulk in my league.

You might want to try the add/drop forum.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby warrick95 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:37 am

CeeLoGreen wrote:Bump...Any other opinions..My league is extremely thin at RB. Someone used a number 7 of 12 waiver priority to snag Marshall Faulk in my league.

If it's that thin, pick him up already.

Plindsey, you could've given more love to a Nole. ;-)

I'm still pissed off as hell about uva by the way, especially nmow that they lost to UNC. Figures that they had their best perforamnce in years vs. us and the worst in years the week after. I went tot hat game by the way and it was horrificly depressiong.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Return to Football Talk