How will Chris Simms do in TB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How will Chris Simms do in TB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby gladee88er » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:27 pm

Not too good seeings how they just picked up Tim Rattay from SF in one day. I think the BUCS want to see how good Rattay can be with a real OL protecting him. You have to admit, he made Arnaz Battle and Brandon Lloyd startable on fantasy teams even know his real team sucked!

I think Sims is OK, but Rattay is better right now (this year) for the BUCS. Chucky knows he has to keep winning immediately because of their fast start. My prediction is Rattay will get the start as soon as he is ready. Luckily the Bucs have almost 2 weeks to get him familiar with the O. I wouldn't even waste a roster spot on Sims after today's news.
gladee88er
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:13 pm

How long before you figure they'll have Rattay in there? I may need Simms in week 8 if Warner isn't coming back.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby gladee88er » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:29 pm

Forget about Simms. Rattay will be the QB. You shouldn't have to start him anyway. You should have a good starter already.
gladee88er
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:18 pm

Nah, we start 2. Griese was sort of vital. I missed Rattay (I was at work and couldn't log in) to a guy who is totally hording starting QBs.

By week 8, I need either Simms for a week, or Boller or Warner or something like that to happen. That, or someone else has to go down, like McNabb. I need week 8 and week 10 coverage. The only thing that sucks is that I was pretty much set... no need to make any lineup moves. Everything was smooth. But I can't complain, compared to a lot of people... 1 point behind the lead, and I'm the only 6-0... closest competition is 4-2. WORST case I'll lose in 8 and 10, almost assuredly. But it's reasonable to think I may pull out of that with the best record in the league still.

I just hate that VOID.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:42 pm

grudens system is very complex, especially the terminology. i watched a special on gruden (it was actually clips from last year when simms was trying to learn the system) and it was like they were talking in another language.

tampa has a bye this week which is perfect timing, but im not completely sold rattay can get it down in less than 2 weeks. i wouldnt be surprised to see simms get at least one game in before rattay steps in since he does know the system and the bucs offense.

but yeah rattay should own this job without a doubt...and in the near future.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:49 pm

Yeah, I've no expectation of more than a game or so... especially considering that right after the bye is Rattay's old team... I'm hoping we get Simms for 1 game, if I HAVE to play him. Something will work out... it tends to be the case.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk