ISO: My fellow miserable fantasy owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

ISO: My fellow miserable fantasy owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

ISO: My fellow miserable fantasy owners

Postby mushman05 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:23 am

This is the thread where we all whine about how crappy this season has been to us so far!!!!!

Im' in 4 money leagues and overall my records aren't too bad, but the team I care most about is about to be 1-5 (unless Reggie Wayne dies tonight). I just don't get it. I'm 3rd in Total Points but 5 of the 6 weeks this season I've gone up against the high score for the week!!!

GRRRRRR :-t
Mushman's 2006 FF conquests:

2006 B&L League Champion
2006 WK Memorial Pts. League Champion
2006 'Burg Keeper League Runner Up

"I'm the Ziggy of Fantasy Football"
mushman05
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shabadoo25 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:30 am

I feel for you. I've had the fun so far this year of trying to extract points from:

Michael Clayton
Domanick Davis
Stephen "pray I score because I'll only produce 25 yards" Davis
Jamal Lewis
Derrick Mason
The Buffalo or Miami Defenses
Eli Manning yesterday
Hines Ward yesterday
Donovan McNabb and TO last week (Stupid Cowboys)

Meanwhile, I had and got rid of Joey Galloway and Terry Glenn.
shabadoo25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:47 am

I don't know which is worse: knowing your team stinks or having the highest scoring team in the league and still not winning. In one of my leagues I have Favre, S. Smith, T. Owens, W. McGahee and T. Jones. I am leading the league in points but I am under .500. :,-( Right now I am blaming Tony Gonzales. I keep getting 1 point a week from the TE spot.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mushman05 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:41 pm

Fantasy Football just blows for me this year period! Even the leagues that my scrub teams are winning in haven't been that much fun.

I think I may have to resort back to gambling! :-t

2006 B&L League Champion

mushman05
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jcc2k2 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:43 pm

Come on guys dont give up look for a trade check out the WW's see what you can do to turn things around!
jcc2k2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ckl81 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:49 pm

This is a sweet thread. This is my first FF season, and I have definitely made a ton of mistakes thus far. Some poor performers:

Ahman Green, Daunte, Clayton, Joe Horn, Tony Gonzalez

Its so aggravating too since my league has 11 people and the max roster is 18 people. This means no one is on the waivers, so I'm stuck at the bottom of my league.

But dammit I still love FF.
ckl81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mushman05 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:57 pm

jcc2k2 wrote:Come on guys dont give up look for a trade check out the WW's see what you can do to turn things around!

the white flag is a'hangin' my friend. What stinks the worst is that this is my biggest trash talking league, and I've got absolutely nothing...When you're 1-5 and out of each game by halftime of the 1:00 games, the old "I did your wife" insults just dont carry the zing that they would when you're 5-1 or 4-2

2006 B&L League Champion

mushman05
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:42 pm

I'm in 4 leagues and I can tell you my experience so far this year is that team quality has meant absolutely nothing.

In one league I've scored 403 points...the first place team has 464 and those points put me in 5th place in a tight back at the top - and yet I'm 1-4 (although things are looking good this week in that league).

In another league I have the 3rd most points and the top 4 people are DESTROYING the league in points - and yet I'm only 3-2 and may drop to 3-3 if things don't go well tonight (I have to have Edge, Holt and Archuleta perform up to projections to win).

On the other hand, a team that while 3rd/10 in points has had some really bad weeks is 4-1 and on the verge of going 5-1 as long as Bulger can put up 6 points today.

Only one team is performing where you'd expect them to perform...that's the one where I had the snake pick and took TO with the 11th pick overall. He's been good...but I would have been much better with a second RB. That team is 2-3 and heading for 2-4 barring a miraculous 23 point performance from Bulger. While that's remotely possible (especially if they fall behind early and have to throw a lot) I don't see it as very likely.
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting