NU still not ranked? Guess their name recoginition is gone. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

NU still not ranked? Guess their name recoginition is gone.

Moderator: Football Moderators

NU still not ranked? Guess their name recoginition is gone.

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:13 pm

Tennessee at 3-2 ranked 17th? Theyve looked less than amazing in their 3 wins. Michigan at 4-3 ahead of em in many polls? CU ahead of them? NU isnt gonna win a national title and doesnt have the greatest talent right now in the NCAA, but a win against the 23rd ranked team (at the time) and a 3 point heartbreak loss to the now 8th ranked team along with a 5-1 record I would think would qualify for a ranking after what I've seen from some of the 15-25 ranked teams. NU is winning games no differently than Ohio State has won games the past 5 years and TCU and UCLA to name 2, arent exactly blazing past teams that techncally they should have no problems with if their rankings our truly justified. Just seems like since NU hasnt been great for the past 3 years that now even a 5-1 start against some decent (not great) competition cant even get them a sniff.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm

You may have a point, but it's hard to convince voters when you haven't beaten an opponent that is still ranked. Tennessee beat LSU, at least. Nebraska has beaten Maine, Wake Forest, Pittsburgh (by a point), Iowa State, and Baylor. Yet you're still ranked 26th in the AP.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:10 pm

VHawk15 wrote:You may have a point, but it's hard to convince voters when you haven't beaten an opponent that is still ranked. Tennessee beat LSU, at least. Nebraska has beaten Maine, Wake Forest, Pittsburgh (by a point), Iowa State, and Baylor. Yet you're still ranked 26th in the AP.

Yeah, when you're most impressive win is against a scrappy Baylor team, it doesn't say much for SOS. You'll continue to climb if you continue to win so don't worry about it too much.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:32 pm

Play someone.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:58 pm

Yeah, sadly the 'fumbling' away of the game against Tech didn't help matters much.

But if you're 26th..Looks like you are at least knocking on the door. Give it a week.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:36 pm

Ya, there's not much difference between being ranked 20th versus 30th. Its just more aesthetically pleasing and I think they've earned it. I'm just afraid that the Mizzou game this week could end up being a trap game. If they lose, to the outside of Nebraska world, it'll seem like they've accomplished nothing up to this point.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flockers » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:36 pm

Nobody cares about Nebraska. Play someone, then come back and we'll talk.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:50 pm

Flockers wrote:Nobody cares about Nebraska. Play someone, then come back and we'll talk.

Ya, the Horns were dead for about 20yrs and now that your team's had a pulse the last few years you show up barkin'. Even with NU's 2 terrible seasons of '02 and '04, they've still been the class of college football for the past 35 years which teams like VTech, West Virginia, Kansas State among others have tried, somewhat successfully, to model their programs after.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flockers » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:59 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
Flockers wrote:Nobody cares about Nebraska. Play someone, then come back and we'll talk.

Ya, the Horns were dead for about 20yrs and now that your team's had a pulse the last few years you show up barkin'. Even with NU's 2 terrible seasons of '02 and '04, they've still been the class of college football for the past 35 years which teams like VTech, West Virginia, Kansas State among others have tried, somewhat successfully, to model their programs after.

Texas beat No. 4 Ohio State and whooped No. 24 Colorado. They've throttled every team they've played. The only real competition Nebraska has - they lose to. Good teams don't make stupid mistakes like that.

And I'm not "barkin'." I'm merely stating the facts. :-)
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:11 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:

Actually VT has modelled it's program after Alabama. Not that they haven't gotten anything from NU's program, I'm just saying it's not their primary model.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to College Football