NU still not ranked? Guess their name recoginition is gone. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

NU still not ranked? Guess their name recoginition is gone.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:00 pm

All this Husker Hatin!! lol cant really blame people for still hating our guts after all those years of us crushing everybody. Although we have had a few sub par years the Huskers are on the rise and in the next several years will get the national resect we deserve.

o BTW we are ranked 23rd in the poll that matters, The BCS.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:06 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:All this Husker Hatin!! lol cant really blame people for still hating our guts after all those years of us crushing everybody.

Yeah, that 1993 National Championship game still has me crying....

Tears of joy, that is....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:00 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:All this Husker Hatin!! lol cant really blame people for still hating our guts after all those years of us crushing everybody. Although we have had a few sub par years the Huskers are on the rise and in the next several years will get the national resect we deserve.

o BTW we are ranked 23rd in the poll that matters, The BCS.

The Longhorns have a 6-4 record against the Huskers champ.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:58 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:All this Husker Hatin!! lol cant really blame people for still hating our guts after all those years of us crushing everybody.

More like everyone's tired of fans of mediocre (at best) teams coming on here after they've beaten a few awful teams and crying about not getting respect, only to see those same people disappear back into the shadows a few weeks later when said team is exposed for what it truly is. *cough* Louisville *cough*

I like Nebraska as a school, I'm playing a dynasty with them in NCAA 2006, but they're just not really that good, and as long as Callahan is the coach there and continues ignoring the fact that he has an endless supply of big boys that can excel at smashmouth football right in his backyard, they won't be anytime soon.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:04 pm

What's the deal with Marlon Lucky? I know he is amazing but I don't follow Big 12 football very closely and I don't follow the Huskers at all.

Only 26 carries on the year though? What's up with that.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:20 pm

CC,

we have senior, Cory Ross, who he our do everything back. He runs hard and catches the ball well and blocks well. We also have a bigger bruiser back named Cody Glenn. We have plenty of rb talent.

BTW our last national championship was in 1997. You guys can say whatever you want. By seasons end we will get respect. And please dont even put Louisvillle and Nebraska football in the same sentence!!! thats ludicrous(sp)!!!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:31 pm

Yea but Marlon Lucky? Only he and Jonathan Stewart were ranked ahead of KG (Kevin Grady for those who don't know, and Grady has mad game).

When will he get his shot.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:02 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Yea but Marlon Lucky? Only he and Jonathan Stewart were ranked ahead of KG (Kevin Grady for those who don't know, and Grady has mad game).

When will he get his shot.

It'll be between him and Cody Glenn next year. Glenn is a load. Kind of like Brandon Jacobs. Lucky and Glenn will probably be Parker and Bettis next year.

As for those who think NU just plain sucks because they havent played for the national championship for 3 years, I think you're being a bit heavy handed. Remember this team played for title in '01 (desevered v. underdeservered, doesnt matter). They've had multiple substandard seasons (at least as far as NU fans are concerned) since Osborne left. But only 2substandard seasons as far as the rest of the country is concerned, '02 and '04. In '03, NU was 10-3. Not a great record by NU standards, but a record that seems to keep teams like Michigan and Tennessee in the top10, or near it, every year. Personally, no team has accomplished what NU has over the past 35 years. UMiami is the only one that can claim this to be somewhat of a fairy tale. FSU, 1 national title, dont think so. No one else even enters the discussion.

Back to my original point, IMO NU has done enough to deserve a 20-25 ranking.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:35 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:As for those who think NU just plain sucks because they havent played for the national championship for 3 years, I think you're being a bit heavy handed. Remember this team played for title in '01 (desevered v. underdeservered, doesnt matter). They've had multiple substandard seasons (at least as far as NU fans are concerned) since Osborne left. But only 2substandard seasons as far as the rest of the country is concerned, '02 and '04. In '03, NU was 10-3. Not a great record by NU standards, but a record that seems to keep teams like Michigan and Tennessee in the top10, or near it, every year. Personally, no team has accomplished what NU has over the past 35 years. UMiami is the only one that can claim this to be somewhat of a fairy tale. FSU, 1 national title, dont think so. No one else even enters the discussion.

NOBODY CARES.

When people whine and cry about their team "not getting respect" it just makes everyone think the team sucks even more.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:41 pm

Bagels still mad about the 1995 fiesta bowl.... :-b ;-)
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football