NU still not ranked? Guess their name recoginition is gone. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

NU still not ranked? Guess their name recoginition is gone.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sharptongued1 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:35 pm

Well in my mind Solich was the worst of both worlds; he couldn't recruit and he couldn't coach up the guys he did get. That last run he made was with Osborne's last class. Once they were gone, the program took a nosedive. I'm giving Callahan a couple of more years to see what he can do with the class he threw together in the last minute two years ago (that still ended up being a top 25 class), and the great class last year (top five), to go along with what's looking like a top ten class again this year. If he can't mold these talented players into winners, then it's back to square one. But if he can, look out...
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:49 pm

sharptongued1 wrote:Well in my mind Solich was the worst of both worlds; he couldn't recruit and he couldn't coach up the guys he did get. That last run he made was with Osborne's last class. Once they were gone, the program took a nosedive. I'm giving Callahan a couple of more years to see what he can do with the class he threw together in the last minute two years ago (that still ended up being a top 25 class), and the great class last year (top five), to go along with what's looking like a top ten class again this year. If he can't mold these talented players into winners, then it's back to square one. But if he can, look out...

Thats the $64,000 question.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to College Football