Ken Hamlin Cracked Skull? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ken Hamlin Cracked Skull?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby warrick95 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:23 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I don't find this funny at all...any time this happens to any person, it is a horrible thing. I just don't understand why people are such idiots as to get into arguments over probably nothing. Even if it is over something relevant, why can't people just talk through it like adults instead of acting like animals?

Anyway, I hope that he is OK and can maybe come back to play at some point this year. ;-D

It's more random than funny...just really unexpected. I bet some alcohol played into this. Plus, you know how us guys always want to pick fights to show who has more guts or whatever.

Hopefully he makes a speedy and full recovery. All the best to Ken. ;-D
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby Bowie » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:29 pm

It should probably be noted that Hamlin supposedly (information is sketchy and this could end up being false) threw the first punch, hence the broken hand. Obviously, this does not justify hitting him with a sign post, but it is interesting.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby caneblood » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:19 am

Night Club owner said that his security guards had to pull Hamlin away a few times and that he had plenty of opportunities to walk away. At one point the other guy backed down but as soon as security let Hamlin go he went right for the guy.
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:30 am

Well in that case...it's his own stupidity. I'll go along with that. But, it's still unfortunate (meaning not funny) that he or anyone else has to get hurt that badly. !+)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:34 am

not good for the seahawks,,,,not good for his own health,,,,not good for his health and football career,,,,it may be over. :-t
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:03 am

caneblood wrote:Night Club owner said that his security guards had to pull Hamlin away a few times and that he had plenty of opportunities to walk away. At one point the other guy backed down but as soon as security let Hamlin go he went right for the guy.

Reminds me of the time a buddy of mine snatched some dude's beer, and when the guy confronted him about it, my buddy bitch slapped him... It didn't help that my friend was talking to the guy's woman, either.... Anyways, after he bitch slapped the kid, the kid came over the top with a full bottle of Heineken and knocked my friend out cold... Totally messed up his face, too... He was picking glass shards out of his head for days....

Just goes to show you that no matter how big and bad you think you are, you never want to go after a guy holding something that might be used as a weapon....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:56 am

Canadian Seahawk wrote:not good for the seahawks,,,,not good for his own health,,,,not good for his health and football career,,,,it may be over. :-t

Well put...how about a little professionalism from these guys...do they need personal babysitters now or what?

I heard an interesting story about the Cleveland Browns the other day (the topic was the new security the Vikes just hired)...I guess their head of "team security" is some ex-head honcho secret service guy. When a player makes the team, he's given a card with "important contact info"...i.e. Crennell's #, the Security guy's #, etc. If they get into trouble (too drunk to drive, arrested, etc.), they call one of the #'s and this security officer will take care of the situation. I think it's a good concept, but it is pretty much glorified babysitting, right?
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:06 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/home/index.html

can anyone else see what happens in this video....i can't see squat.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:16 pm

The TV stations in the area are reporting that one of the persons who attacked Hamlin, was found dead. Time of death about three hrs after the assault. :-? There are seculations from the media that it was retaliation. 8-o
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:22 pm

Wow.

Now we have another player who could be in serious trouble with the law...just don't understand why players put themselves in that situation. :,-(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk