FOX sports FF web site RANT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

FOX sports FF web site RANT

Moderator: Football Moderators

FOX sports FF web site RANT

Postby HolyWood » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:32 pm

We did our cash money work league thriugh FOX sports this year, because they had free live scoring. HUGE MISTAKE :-P

They didn't post win loss records untill week 3, and they are wrong.
The rosters don't lock, for example week 4 someone had the Bengals DEF, started them, had the points, dropped them after the game Sunday night and lost the points, picked San Fran's DEF, and was able to start them.
Trades and waivers have taken one to four days even though our setting is 2 days.
No matter what computer you access the site from, there is a mandatory 3 refreshes per page in order to see it.
The live scoring jumps around more than Terry Bradshaw on crack, at one point yesterday my DEF had 80 points.
The transaction page was not visible until the middle of week 3.
Lets not even talk about their ranking system...by far the worst I've ever seen.

Anyone else having problems with FOX, please add on, I'm sure I'm missing a few issues, I've lost track there have been so many.
***GO STEELERS***
Eli
L Johnson/Jordan/Foster/Moats
Holt/Harrison/Housh/R Williams
Gonzo
Graham
Pittsburgh
HolyWood
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:43 pm

Wow, that sounds absolutely atrocious. I can't even believe some of that stuff.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:49 pm

Yeah, we had our money league of Fox and we ended up dropping it after week one and move over to Yahoo when the server shut down. We weren't able to get the scores from week one, cause I would be 6-0 now, but that's alright, I'm just glad I don't have to worry about trying to access my team. I can't stand Fox and I'm glad we got on Yahoo. Almost thought about Fanball but I've heard bad things about that, and that's run by local guys from MN here, disappointing.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:52 pm

I have the same probably in one of my leagues too :-#. Fox is probably the worst fantasy site I have ever used. I couldn't even access the site without my browser freezing until week 3. I still have to make lineup changes through the commish, transactions are horrible, the live scoring is atrocious. Just a big :-t :-t :-t
baseball6791
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HolyWood » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:42 pm

Ala right now, halftime in the Monday night game, live scoring is not registering any of the Colts/Rams player's scores
***GO STEELERS***
Eli
L Johnson/Jordan/Foster/Moats
Holt/Harrison/Housh/R Williams
Gonzo
Graham
Pittsburgh
HolyWood
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Da Observer » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:34 pm

I started my first team over at Fox, but after watching all the problems their web site was having, and noticing that 4 other owners left before the season started, I left too. Now Im using Yahoo and having no problems.

Thanks for the great sig, Washamur
Da Observer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:43 pm

geez man thats horrible....good thing I stuck with a reliable Yahoo!
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tc » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:59 pm

FOX SUCKS AND SO DOES ESPN...my league left both sites and went back to the best site CBSSPORTSLINE....
tc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting