Wow, someone in my league with Alexander lost cause of Edge! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Wow, someone in my league with Alexander lost cause of Edge!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:36 pm

moonhead wrote:i'm drunk.

and you must have been drunk to think that deuce was a better pick than edge.


Prior to the season, it wasn't that bad of an idea. They were my #4 and #5 overall respectively, and I'm so glad that I had to take Edge twice because Duece went earlier.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ActiOnJunkie76 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:48 pm

maddog60 wrote:
moonhead wrote:i'm drunk.

and you must have been drunk to think that deuce was a better pick than edge.


Prior to the season, it wasn't that bad of an idea. They were my #4 and #5 overall respectively, and I'm so glad that I had to take Edge twice because Duece went earlier.



Yeah, Mcghee went before edge also...........
ActiOnJunkie76
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 356
Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby packers04 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:57 pm

I was up by 21 with Bulger left and my opponent had Edge, ending up losing by 2 because of injuries to Bulger and Moss and I'm now 3-3 with the most points in my league while having the most points scored against me, ( points for - 605, points against- 607, averaging over 100.8) does this really look like a 3-3 team? I usually dont like complaining like this but I'm just very frustrated! :-t

QB - Marc Bulger, Ben Roethlisberger
WR - Randy Moss, Hines Ward, Joey Galloway, Kevin Curtis, Travis Taylor
RB - Shaun Alexander, Priest Holmes, Domanick Davis
TE - Jason Witten, Ben Troupe
K - Jeff Reed
DEF - Buffalo Bills, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
packers04
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 296
Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:33 pm

moonhead wrote:i'm drunk.

and you must have been drunk to think that deuce was a better pick than edge.


Hindsight is 20/20, lots of people had Deuce ranked above Edge before the season (myself included).
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby moonhead » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:12 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
moonhead wrote:i'm drunk.

and you must have been drunk to think that deuce was a better pick than edge.


Hindsight is 20/20, lots of people had Deuce ranked above Edge before the season (myself included).


Yeah...but I didn't. I had Edge as the #4 overall pick. I didn't like Deuce...never have. I don't trust him or aaron brooks. and if your draft was after the hurricane, there shouldn't have been any way that deuce would have been ahead of edge. oh well. Better luck next year Deuce owners.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Ripcord » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:47 am

i have edge and tomlinson, so i guess ou could say BOO-YAH!!!!

I won by like 49 points.

I did the Chad Johnson river dance all the way across my buddys TV room, I played him. He hit me with his remote. Worth all 26 stitches JK.
"To get the full affects of it you really have to be in my seat"
Image
Ripcord
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 541
Joined: 27 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somwhere in the frozen tundra of Winnipeg

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:54 pm

moonhead wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Hindsight is 20/20, lots of people had Deuce ranked above Edge before the season (myself included).


Yeah...but I didn't. I had Edge as the #4 overall pick. I didn't like Deuce...never have. I don't trust him or aaron brooks. and if your draft was after the hurricane, there shouldn't have been any way that deuce would have been ahead of edge. oh well. Better luck next year Deuce owners.

Ah, a kindred soul. I also had Edge No. 4 overall, and also had Deuce safely buried deep on my draft list where I knew I wouldn't accidentally get him. I've had both Deuce and Brooks on teams in past years ... never again.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 813
Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Holding up the beer line with a big order

Postby CC » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:34 pm

moonhead wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
moonhead wrote:i'm drunk.

and you must have been drunk to think that deuce was a better pick than edge.


Hindsight is 20/20, lots of people had Deuce ranked above Edge before the season (myself included).


Yeah...but I didn't. I had Edge as the #4 overall pick. I didn't like Deuce...never have. I don't trust him or aaron brooks. and if your draft was after the hurricane, there shouldn't have been any way that deuce would have been ahead of edge. oh well. Better luck next year Deuce owners.


So? You made a nice call to draft Edge above Deuce, it doesn't mean it was stupid to rank Deuce higher. Last year few people had Willis McGahee (probably none) ranked above Stephen Davis, doesn't make the person who drafted Stephen Davis an idiot.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby moonhead » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:03 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
moonhead wrote:i'm drunk.

and you must have been drunk to think that deuce was a better pick than edge.


Hindsight is 20/20, lots of people had Deuce ranked above Edge before the season (myself included).


Yeah...but I didn't. I had Edge as the #4 overall pick. I didn't like Deuce...never have. I don't trust him or aaron brooks. and if your draft was after the hurricane, there shouldn't have been any way that deuce would have been ahead of edge. oh well. Better luck next year Deuce owners.


So? You made a nice call to draft Edge above Deuce, it doesn't mean it was stupid to rank Deuce higher. Last year few people had Willis McGahee (probably none) ranked above Stephen Davis, doesn't make the person who drafted Stephen Davis an idiot.


i didn't call anyone an idiot or stupid. :~(
i was just explaining my thoughts.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Vincent1680x » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:18 pm

packers04 wrote:I was up by 21 with Bulger left and my opponent had Edge, ending up losing by 2 because of injuries to Bulger and Moss and I'm now 3-3 with the most points in my league while having the most points scored against me, ( points for - 605, points against- 607, averaging over 100.8) does this really look like a 3-3 team? I usually dont like complaining like this but I'm just very frustrated! :-t

QB - Marc Bulger, Ben Roethlisberger
WR - Randy Moss, Hines Ward, Joey Galloway, Kevin Curtis, Travis Taylor
RB - Shaun Alexander, Priest Holmes, Domanick Davis
TE - Jason Witten, Ben Troupe
K - Jeff Reed
DEF - Buffalo Bills, Tampa Bay Buccaneers



Did anyone show up for your draft???
Vincent1680x
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 209
Joined: 18 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:28 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact