Time for the Kevin Jones turnaround? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Time for the Kevin Jones turnaround?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Teh Jury » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:39 pm

Is the offensive tackle coming back? The one who's supposed to have a big impact on that line..
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikus » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:45 pm

what about shlesinger (sp?)? Is he supposed to be back this week? KJ could benefit from a lead blocker.

[edit]

THE NEWS
The Lions are hopeful that they'll have starting fullback Cory Schlesinger back in the lineup this Sunday against the Browns. Schlesinger has been inactive for their first five games of the year, recovering from a fractured right fibula.

Our View
Schlesinger's return will give the Lions' running game a boost because of his blocking prowess.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:08 pm

Teh Jury wrote:Is the offensive tackle coming back? The one who's supposed to have a big impact on that line..

The only new offensive tackle is RT Kelly Butler. He filled in for Stockar MacDougal who went to MIA. Butler has played all yr at the RT position. He hasent quite lived up to expectations, but being that its his first playing yr (didnt see any action last yr), he should probably get better as the season progresses. The only other new addition to the starting OLine is LG Rick Demulling who hasent lived up to expectations either.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:57 pm

I am not so sure that KJ will rebound. Mariucci seems to have told him not to bounce anything outside, a move that is bust or boom, in favor of hitting the holes the play dictates. I think the O-line is having so much trouble right now that Mariucci has told KJ not to improvise because he doesn't think the holes will be there.

That is why, IMO, he likes to call so many up the gut, quick hitting plays. That way the O-line doesn't have to sustain their blocks. Just a thought as I try to sift through the wreckage to see if Mariucci makes any sense at all.

Problem is this is taking it's toll on KJ, as he has gotten dinged up each of the last three games. So Bryson and Pinner will have to run more to keep KJ healthier.

EDIT: For those KJ owners. Take solace in that I am usually wrong about these things. :-b
Last edited by moochman on Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:07 pm

I kinda agree with moochman about KJ. The biggest reservation I have about calling him an all out buy low candidate is that Marriucci is doing everything he can to stifle this offense it seems. When the obvious best player gets benched at a time that most people would think he would be the most valuable, then we as fans arent really going to be able to figure out how he will be used in the future - does that make any sense?

The running game has obviously taken a step back from what it was last yr, and its kinda a mystery why. Its not like DET had a passing attack last yr, Sledge was injured last yr too, and the Oline seems to have gotten worse even though it was upgraded on paper.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Little Johnny » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:16 pm

Harrington = No numbers for KJ. Bottom line. He is the worst QB in the league and defenses have no respect for him. Period.
Little Johnny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mikus » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:41 pm

worse than anthony wright? b/c jamal lewis and chester taylor still manage some production.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby garamond » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:45 pm

If he'll break out, it has to be against the Browns.

Is he worth a start over Chris Brown?

[edit: never mind, Brown should run over the Cardinals]
QB - Hasselbeck
RB - S. Jackson, Addai
WR - T. Holt, S. Smith, DeSean Jackson
TE - Carlson
BN - D. Driver, R. White, C. Perry, Deuce
garamond
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Dump him!

Postby freddydialer » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:58 pm

I am lucky enough to have LaDainian and Cadillac on my team. Dumped Jones and picked up Chris Perry. ;-D
freddydialer Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby The Rush » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:02 am

Hes gonna hit 100+ yards this week, and i really hope Garcia starts soon.
The Rush
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk