Time for the Kevin Jones turnaround? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Time for the Kevin Jones turnaround?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:26 am

even if he does "break out", it would be stupid of me to consider trading warrick dunn for KJ at this point, right?
George_Foreman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ActiOnJunkie76 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:38 am

I think, K. Jones will get 60 yrds and a TD this weeknd..They should just gave K.J the ball 24 times a game, :-o and maybe he'll break a big run, I have K.J and every time i look at his stats, hes getten like 12 carries a game :-t

Edited by SNS.
ActiOnJunkie76
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:33 am

ActiOnJunkie76 wrote:I think, K. Jones will get 60 yrds and a TD this weeknd..They should just gave K.J the ball 24 times a game, :-o and maybe he'll break a big run, I have K.J and every time i look at his stats, hes getten like 12 carries a game :-t

Edited by SNS.

That's assuming he even plays. Every week it's a new injury for KJ, and his current flavor is a shoulder, which is never good for a RB. He is walking around in a harness, and likely won't practice until Friday. I think I might hold him out in favor of (UGH!) Antowain Smith against STL.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Warpigs » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:42 am

Updates on Kevin Jones:

Oct 18 Jones (shoulder) listed himself as day-to-day and does not know when he'll be able to return to practice, the Detroit News reports.
Recommendation: The Lions may be without Jones, Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, and left tackle Jeff Backus on Sunday, which would not bode well for an offense that is already struggling. If Jones cannot play, Shawn Bryson or Artose Pinner will start, but they will likely split the carries.

Oct 18 Lions' running back Kevin Jones is considered day-to-day after spraining his left shoulder against the Panthers on Sunday. He left the game for a while before returning wearing a harness. Jones told the Detroit News that he did not know when he'll be able to practice this week.
Views: Jones has been banged up three weeks in a row now, so fantasy owners will want to begin at least thinking about alternatives in case he can't play against the Browns on Sunday. Shawn Bryson and Artose Pinner would split duties if Jones can't go, which would be unfortunate since the Lions are finally getting to the portion of the schedule that has easier defenses.

Definitely frustrating and downright annoying. Kevin Jones fans have been drooling over this matchup since they drafted Jones. This is the one week he should be able to blow things up, but now it's looking like a solid possibility that he doesn't play. :-t
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk