Classic NFL Pictures - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Classic NFL Pictures

Moderator: Football Moderators

Classic NFL Pictures

Postby JEWMAH9701 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:03 am

JEWMAH9701
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 572
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:27 am

somebody remind me what was the point of having the goalposts right in the middle of the goalline? sheesh...how many receivers were running a (*cough*) post pattern, eyes on the ball coming over their shoulder, and just tattooed that pole? OUCH.

of course, there IS houston's center field berm... :-?

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 797
Joined: 26 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:48 am

benjapage wrote:somebody remind me what was the point of having the goalposts right in the middle of the goalline? sheesh...how many receivers were running a (*cough*) post pattern, eyes on the ball coming over their shoulder, and just tattooed that pole? OUCH.

of course, there IS houston's center field berm... :-?

b


It's called the "GOAL" line, where else are you gonna put "GOAL" posts, in the back of the endzone? that don't make no sense. :-b

And the guy who invented facemasks should've gotten the Nobel Prize.

Cool Pics thanks for the post Jewmah
Last edited by Redskins Win on Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:54 am

Did you see Payton's shoes in pic #7? They look like Roos (not Puma, right?) ! I haven't seen that emblem in a while! Cleats have come a long way since then.....
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2787
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Diego-Born & Raised

Postby Cinderboy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:28 am

Where is the pic of Chuck Bednarik standing over Frank Gifford? I'm sure all the Eagles fans will agree thats a classic.
Cinderboy
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 28
Joined: 13 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:18 pm

footballchick23 wrote:Did you see Payton's shoes in pic #7? They look like Roos (not Puma, right?) ! I haven't seen that emblem in a while! Cleats have come a long way since then.....


Yep them be Roos. They look like astro-turf cleats. which is weird cause I don't think soldier field or mile high had carpet.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:25 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:Did you see Payton's shoes in pic #7? They look like Roos (not Puma, right?) ! I haven't seen that emblem in a while! Cleats have come a long way since then.....


Yep them be Roos. They look like astro-turf cleats. which is weird cause I don't think soldier field or mile high had carpet.


I was wondering about that...they do look like turf shoes. I wonder if they have the velcro/zipper pocket like the pair I had in 3rd grade!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2787
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Diego-Born & Raised

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:46 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:Did you see Payton's shoes in pic #7? They look like Roos (not Puma, right?) ! I haven't seen that emblem in a while! Cleats have come a long way since then.....


Yep them be Roos. They look like astro-turf cleats. which is weird cause I don't think soldier field or mile high had carpet.


I was wondering about that...they do look like turf shoes. I wonder if they have the velcro/zipper pocket like the pair I had in 3rd grade!


I'm sure they did . . . they didn't call him Sweetness for nothin.
I guess we now know the source behind his uncanny ability.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 1crzydmnd » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:04 pm

Cinderboy wrote:Where is the pic of Chuck Bednarik standing over Frank Gifford? I'm sure all the Eagles fans will agree thats a classic.


Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.sports-photos.com/catalog/im ... &w.psd.jpg
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2302
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 15 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Memphis, TN...watching the games with Elvis

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:50 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:Did you see Payton's shoes in pic #7? They look like Roos (not Puma, right?) ! I haven't seen that emblem in a while! Cleats have come a long way since then.....


Yep them be Roos. They look like astro-turf cleats. which is weird cause I don't think soldier field or mile high had carpet.


Soldier Field had turf from '78-'88
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1475
Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 8:48 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact