Is it time to sell high on Santana Moss? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is it time to sell high on Santana Moss?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is it time to sell high on Santana Moss?

Postby WeekSixteen » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:27 am

Injuries and QB issues with the leagues elite WRs, have left Santana Moss 3rd in WR scoring in our league and he already has his bye out of the way.

What are everyone's thoughts on this wide out? Will he keep it up and remain the only only option in Washington? He plays the 49ers this week so he will produce again... but is now the time to sell high on him for a good RB like say a Dillon? Or hold onto him and ride that production?

Will Santana Moss finish in the top 5-10 WRs, or fizzle out....?
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:42 am

I would plant the seed now. Get owners to start looking at Moss before another big game, put him on a pedastal before selling him.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Demented Avenger » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:58 pm

I say dump him ASAP. It's only so long before defenses start focusing on him exclusively, and I don't think Cooley is enough of a threat to punish them for doing so.
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:02 pm

sell while the stock is high.....he wont continue.....brunell is like 108 years old....almost as old as vinny....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby matmat » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:11 pm

lol. i'd love to sell high on him, unfortunately he was supposed to be my #3 behind DJax and Andre Johnson... the pain! the pain!
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gladee88er » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:05 pm

You guys can trade him if you want, but I'm going to keep my players that are averaging almost 24 points/gm. Remember that Brunell had two receivers over 1000 yds. in the same year (J. Smith and K McCardell) back in his Jacksonville days. He still throws a good ball, and don't worry about his age...he's still more mobile than half of the QB's in the league in their twenties, and a lot smarter.

Moss is very fast and can get separation from his defenders even if he's double teamed. If teams double Santana too much, you'll see Brunell kill them with Cooley and Patten. I'm from New England, and believe me, Patten contributed a lot to NE's success in the past few years. He's used to playing at a high level, in games that matter. Cooley is one of the best TE's out there right now. This is only his second year. Look at his stats last year with a terrible QB. He had more TD catches than the whole team.

Oh yeah, let's not forget about Portis. His big-play ability makes teams think twice about double-teaming anybody in the passing game.I never would have thought it at the start of the season, but WASH has one of the most balanced offenses in the league.

Another good thing is WASH has a good D, which almost guarantees the offense will get plenty of chances to score. (That means Moss has plenty of chances to score).

I guess what I'm saying is I believe the success of a player depends on his surrounding cast for the most part. Santana is in the right place at the right time. If I was you I would keep him until he gets hurt, or the season ends; whichever comes first.
gladee88er
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:16 pm

Sell high.

In my opinion, I don't think he can keep up for much longer. Once defenses stop stacking the box against Portis and realize that Moss is a very good deep threat, I think Moss's numbers will go down and Portis's will go up. Now would be a good time to sell Moss and acquire Portis.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:46 pm

Santana is a playmaker. The Washington offense is only getting better. I'd keep him. He is already getting double coverage half the time because Patton is a non factor. He was double covered on both his long TD passes in week 2. I'd be suprised if he doesn't get 1,800 yards this season.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby WeekSixteen » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:39 pm

Keep.. Sell... Keep... Sell...

A lot of good opinions out there. I think I sold high although he is my #1 WR, Burleson better take over or else..... I upgraded from Willie Parker to Cory Dillon.

Cory Dillon was the 12th best back coming into the season and hes currently like 9th in RB scoring, so hopefully I made the right move.
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby tianyi86 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:47 pm

If u can trade him for someoen wide receivers like chad johnson or rb like portis, of course, otherwise i wouldnt do it. Most teams cant stop santana moss bc portis is such a big threat. Every team stacks the line against hte red skins and portis still gets 100 yds. They simply cant double team moss and let cooley and portis run wild.
tianyi86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Football Talk