Is it time to sell high on Santana Moss? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is it time to sell high on Santana Moss?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:49 pm

Azrael wrote:I don't understand what's so hard for team about covering Moss. He's their only threat and a speed guy. Double him with a safety over the top AT ALL TIMES. Seriously, 3 of his 4 TDs are 39, 70, and 78 yards. That's absurd. I think he's gotten away with it thus far because people looked at him as "just Santana Moss". Pretty soon teams are going to stop that and make Patten and Cooley beat them instead.
This is very true but he actually was doubled on both his TD's in week 2. I think he is one of the fastest WR's in the league and he can just get open even with double coverage. Plus Brunell has been putting it on the money a ton and the O-Line is only getting better.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ball of goof » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:37 am

it seems jason x already sold moss, if i read that post correctly. so the following is moot, but i gotta agree with snipershot and gladee88er in their basic assessments of the skins. brunell seems to me to have been the linchpin that has a skilled offense firing on all cylinders; backed by a solid defense. the skins are a phenomenon not to be denied. besides, i just picked up brunell and cooley...
ball of goof
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby HoleInTheWallGang » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:16 am

I think you are going to be kicking yourself for trading him. Nate is great as a #2 reciever at best, not a #1. Until the Vikings make Troy Williamson their #1 deep threat Nate won't do much for you. I drafted him and regeted it. Teams CANNOT! double cover him all the time. If they try.... lets see.... hmmm.... Patton can beat you, Cooley can beat you, Portis can beat you. Snipershot is correct, Moss still beats them when he IS double covered. This is a no brainer. I just traded a 6th round pick next year for him, and I'll be riding him into the playoffs. ;-D
HoleInTheWallGang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:49 am

gladee88er wrote:You guys can trade him if you want, but I'm going to keep my players that are averaging almost 24 points/gm. Remember that Brunell had two receivers over 1000 yds. in the same year (J. Smith and K McCardell) back in his Jacksonville days. He still throws a good ball, and don't worry about his age...he's still more mobile than half of the QB's in the league in their twenties, and a lot smarter.

Moss is very fast and can get separation from his defenders even if he's double teamed. If teams double Santana too much, you'll see Brunell kill them with Cooley and Patten. I'm from New England, and believe me, Patten contributed a lot to NE's success in the past few years. He's used to playing at a high level, in games that matter. Cooley is one of the best TE's out there right now. This is only his second year. Look at his stats last year with a terrible QB. He had more TD catches than the whole team.

Oh yeah, let's not forget about Portis. His big-play ability makes teams think twice about double-teaming anybody in the passing game.I never would have thought it at the start of the season, but WASH has one of the most balanced offenses in the league.

Another good thing is WASH has a good D, which almost guarantees the offense will get plenty of chances to score. (That means Moss has plenty of chances to score).

I guess what I'm saying is I believe the success of a player depends on his surrounding cast for the most part. Santana is in the right place at the right time. If I was you I would keep him until he gets hurt, or the season ends; whichever comes first.

Hello Mr Einstien. Nice to meet you.
These are most wise statements.
Trade if you want, but why. He is playing like mad, catching nearly everything thrown at him. What would you like to get for Santana Moss. he's one of the top producing WRs in the league.
If you trade away Moss make sure the person you trade him to you have already played and hope you don't face in the playoffs.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:50 am

Santana Moss will finish with 2000 receiving yards and 15 TDs.

Or Not....one of the two.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:53 am

I doubt he and Brunell can keep up this pace. I would sell him if you could get a true stud WR for him back like maybe a banged up Randy Moss, TO, Holt or CJ.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MEK4178 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:42 pm

SniperShot wrote:Santana is a playmaker. The Washington offense is only getting better. I'd keep him. He is already getting double coverage half the time because Patton is a non factor. He was double covered on both his long TD passes in week 2. I'd be suprised if he doesn't get 1,800 yards this season.

1800 yards wtf?
MEK4178
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk