Life Blows - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Life Blows

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby nate0wnsy0u » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Yea man we all got problems :P.... oh well i only put $50 into this and i am 5-1 even with these problems:
Javon walker (4th round draft pick IR)
Deuce McCallister (3rd round draft pick IR)
E Johnson (7th round draft pick IR)
M. Bulger (1st round draft pick out 2 weeks)
M. Clayton (5th round, well he's not hurt but he SUCKS)

Oh well it happens to everyone i guess. :/
nate0wnsy0u
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:51 pm

It could be much worse. As a FANTASY football owner, we can drop the injured player for someone else. Yes, multiple injuries to one team make it very difficult to find adequate replacements and compete. But just think if you WERE te actual player. What about the team the player plays for? They aren't so lucky. The player loses a season (or part of) of his limited playing career. Some players get injured and never play again. Some players get injured and are never the same again. It affects the teams that they're on because elite talent is hard to come by. So you had an unlucky year or 2. Next year you'll come back with a different team at full strength and hope that noone gets hurt. The players and the teams might not be that lucky. Injuries are a part of fantasy football. It's extremely rare to play a fantasy football season and get through injury free. Just look at the NFL. NO team goes a week, let alone a whole season without someone getting dinged up. Just like the teams in the NFL, there's nothing you can do about it except plug in replacements and play the games. Good luck with the rest of the season and I hope you have better luck with injuries next year.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby FFSurgeon » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:02 pm

tomkatt wrote:
matmat wrote:
tomkatt wrote:
jh2031 wrote:Cheer up...it's only Fantasy Football. :-)

Really. Let me tell ya about my last 24 hours. My cel fell into the toilet (off of my pocket), AFTER I did my duty.

Car broke down leaving me stranded 10 miles from home. I couldn't call because well, ha ha ha MY CEL FELL INTO THE TOILET.

Things can always be worse. 8-o

LOL.
well, that's your reward for disrecpecting people while talking to them on the Can!

Ummm, phone was clipped on my pants pocket and popped off case and all when I went to pull up the ol pants. Wasn't talking to anyone in the can. Guess it just really wanted to go for a swim. :-P

no way dude, it must be an epidemic, this happened to me on friday...i wasn't talking either, i was looking at my schedule on it. i was putting it back in my pocket/standing up and...bloop. 8-o phone no work no more. :-t on the FF side, i've lost Bulger, but that's not bad compared to most folks. anyways, i can sympathize!
FFSurgeon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting