Week 7 PBC: San Diego @ Philadelphia - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 7 PBC: San Diego @ Philadelphia

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:45 am

people are semi-ignorant on this topic. yea, they have looked less than dominant. and check this: they are still 4-2. The hardest part of their schedule is almost over. It says a lot that they can play totally off games and beat a tema lik eoakland or the chargers.

The fact of the matter is, they have 5 division games and 4 games versus seattle, st. louis, green bay and arizona. 6 more wins is highly likely, pass imbalance or not.

And the "schedule" argument is such trash. The giants were good in the eagles rise to dominance. funny how they put up a better fight agains tth epats than the steelers or colts did last year.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:31 pm

RyanTB wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
MinorityAuthority wrote:If this game was in SD, that would have been overturned. Like I said earlier, the Eagles will get torched next week. They suck.

Yeah, being division winner and a superbowl contender for 5 years is really bad. They should strive to be more like the Redskins, or maybe the Vikings.

Fact is, ugly or pretty, the Eagles just beat the best team on their schedule, its going to be easier from here on out, and all I can say is revenge on Dallas will be served sweet.

Being division winner in what was the sorriest division in the NFL doesn't say too much. The Eagles favorable schedule gave them alot of wins and home field advantage for the playoffs in a weak NFC. The NFC is looking alot better this year and it's going to reflect upon the over-rated Eagles.

Wait, you're actually trying to argue that NFC West was a tougher division last year? Have you even been watching football? Or maybe you thought the NFC North was much more competitive. These are both divisions where 8-8 could've ended up being the division winning record. That's much more sorry than the NFC East was last year.

Also, I love your gripe over them having homefield advantage. In case you didn't realize, a team earns homefield advantage. But you know, having the best record in the NFC still sucks according to your pathetic excuses to claim the Eagles aren't any good when in fact only one team has been better over the past 5 years.

As for favorable schedules:

Last year they played the NFC North, which had 2 playoffs teams in it, the St. Louis Rams (another playoff team), the Panthers (who were prior to massive injuries a serious opponent and defending NFC Champs), and the AFC North (which had the 15-1 Steelers of last year, the Ravens, you know a tema that made Manning look average, and Cincy was no push-over either). What a horribly favorable schedule :-B

In 03 they began the season hosting the NFC Champs, had to play what was being called the most competitive division, AFC East, Green Bay and Atlanta (both playoff teams from the prior year), Carolina (who went on to be the NFC Champs), but surely this schedule was somehow a favorable one meant to make the Eagles look better than they really are.

If you haven't realized by now how absurd your claims are, there's no point in trying to talk sense to you.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby rygamer » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:28 pm

Great win by the Eagles! The Broncos are next.
EAGLES ARE GOING BACK!
rygamer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby RyanTB » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:31 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Unless The Eagles start running the ball they are going to be in for some tough times in the weeks ahead.

Sigh. This is a tired argument.

The Eagles' short passing game is like runs because the completion percentage for these passes is so high.

What's the Eagles' record for the past 5 seasons?

A short passing game is not the same as testing the defensive line with a run up the middle.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:32 pm

RyanTB wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Unless The Eagles start running the ball they are going to be in for some tough times in the weeks ahead.

Sigh. This is a tired argument.

The Eagles' short passing game is like runs because the completion percentage for these passes is so high.

A short passing game is not the same as testing the defensive line with a run up the middle.

BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RyanTB » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:34 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Also, I love your gripe over them having homefield advantage. In case you didn't realize, a team earns homefield advantage.

I realize that. What I meant is that having a sorry division and favorable schedule can lead to alot of wins which "earns" you homefield advantage.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RyanTB » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:35 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:What's the Eagles' record for the past 5 seasons?

Better than the team actually is.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:07 pm

umm ok. they are the winningest regular season team since 2000, and aside from the pats, winningest playoff team as well. granted the super bowl eludes the team, but it eludes all but one team every year.

yea, the short pass isn't the same as testing the line, I agree with that. It can beat 80 percent of the defenses, but not the good, quick ones.

However, the weak conference thingi sparticularly weak, considering they made the championship game in years where the nfc actually won the superbowl. and last time I checked, each nfc team that has faced the pats has given them almost all they can handle. The eagles were winners in the year the giants went to the super bowl (their own division), winners the year st. louis and tampa won the super bowl. It isn't like they have had zero comeptition, and it belies your analysis to suggest otherwise. Last year was the only year they have had it easy.

and incidentally, for how "bad" the eagles are this year, they are still 4-2 and have played a nasty schedule that includes atlanta, oakland, san diego, kc, dallas. The only cupcake has been oakland.

And need I remind you that they went 3-1 in their AFC regular season games as well.

Good teams dominate weaker teams and win tough games. The eagles for the most part do that. to say they are a product of their schedule is absurd.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:31 pm

RyanTB wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
Also, I love your gripe over them having homefield advantage. In case you didn't realize, a team earns homefield advantage.

I realize that. What I meant is that having a sorry division and favorable schedule can lead to alot of wins which "earns" you homefield advantage.

Except that you were wrong on both of those accounts as I pointed out, but you might want to ignore that evidence so you can keep your dellusions that the Eagles aren't a good team.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RyanTB » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:42 pm

eaglesrule wrote:
and incidentally, for how "bad" the eagles are this year, they are still 4-2 and have played a nasty schedule that includes atlanta, oakland, san diego, kc, dallas. The only cupcake has been oakland.

The Eagles "nasty" schedule so far through week 7 consists of teams with a combined record of 19-20 (below .500). Not a very nasty schedule if you ask me. Not to mention they were lucky to win both the SD and KC games.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting