Week 7 PBC: San Diego @ Philadelphia - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 7 PBC: San Diego @ Philadelphia

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:48 pm

welol, I think its clear that you have zero idea of what you are talking about.

Obviosuly, san fransisco skews the averahge as does oakland, whom we all know is much better than their record, due to the absurdly unfair schedule they were handed.

And yes, perhaps "luck" is what won the SD game. But as a fan, you have to remember the 9 pts (at least) the eagles forfeited, lewis coughing it up, mcnabb taking the stupid sack, and the halftime play. tell me the eagles wouldn't have scored field goals on any of those, and I'll call you a liar. Yes, maing the play ther eis part of being good -- but part of being good also means you block the rush on a field goal.

And coiming back from 17 down like the eagles did, isn't "luck" at all, but a testament to their skill.

Incidentally, dallas beat you guys to. you telling me games against dallas, kc, your team, and the defending nfc runner up are easy? please.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby A2theIzzo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:39 pm

RyanTB wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:What's the Eagles' record for the past 5 seasons?

Better than the team actually is.

LOL at that statement.

How would they have gotten the record they have in the past 5 seasons if they are bad.
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:20 pm

RyanTB wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:
and incidentally, for how "bad" the eagles are this year, they are still 4-2 and have played a nasty schedule that includes atlanta, oakland, san diego, kc, dallas. The only cupcake has been oakland.

The Eagles "nasty" schedule so far through week 7 consists of teams with a combined record of 19-20 (below .500). Not a very nasty schedule if you ask me. Not to mention they were lucky to win both the SD and KC games.

What teams are better in the NFC in your opinion?
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:29 pm

Simple statement: A win is a win. Doesnt matter how you got it, at the end of the day the only stat that matters is the W. I dont care how u won, as long as u did.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jjdub » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:32 pm

eaglesrule wrote:And yes, perhaps "luck" is what won the SD game.

In my opinion it was part luck and part taking advantage of a hole that blocked that kick and mostly luck that gave it the bounce that made it easy to run in... but a team has to be playing well enough to stay in the game so that a single play can turn the score... no matter how they eventually took the lead, the fact that the score differential was less than seven says that the eagles were doing what they needed to do to stay in that game... so the win shouldn't be attributed to luck...
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby A2theIzzo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:22 pm

What if I say your win against the Patriot was luck? You were "Lucky" that 3 main defense guys of the Pats were out. I dont say that because I know the win was legit.

Act the same way for the eagles win.
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jjdub » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:40 pm

A2theIzzo wrote:What if I say your win against the Patriot was luck? You were "Lucky" that 3 main defense guys of the Pats were out. I dont say that because I know the win was legit.

Act the same way for the eagles win.

wait... you aren't talking to me right? My post right above finished with "the win shouldn't be attributed to luck..."

I agree that luck goes into every game and I was arguing against people discounting the eagles win over the chargers...
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RyanTB » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:54 am

eaglesfan wrote:
RyanTB wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:
and incidentally, for how "bad" the eagles are this year, they are still 4-2 and have played a nasty schedule that includes atlanta, oakland, san diego, kc, dallas. The only cupcake has been oakland.

The Eagles "nasty" schedule so far through week 7 consists of teams with a combined record of 19-20 (below .500). Not a very nasty schedule if you ask me. Not to mention they were lucky to win both the SD and KC games.

What teams are better in the NFC in your opinion?

Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Seattle, Dallas, and Carolina are all better than the Eagles, IMO. If Brunell and Santana Moss keep up what they're doing, I'd also say the Redskins are better as well.

Those of you that keep calling the Chargers my team. They are not my team. The only reason I was in this PBC is that the Bucs were on bye.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:58 am

RyanTB wrote:Those of you that keep calling the Chargers my team. They are not my team. The only reason I was in this PBC is that the Bucs were on bye.

The bag looks good on you. ;-D
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:01 am

you have got to be kidding me. Carolina is not better -- what metric are you using? I can begrudgingly give you atlanta and seattle, although atlanta doesn't look very dominant, and needed every break in the book to beat the eagles.

Funny how the eagles can win the tough games while playing poorly, and these other teams don't seem to do that. (In the NFC)

Let's not forget that washington beat up on the niners AND gave up 17 pts, something the eagles didn't.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting