Week 7 PBC: San Diego @ Philadelphia - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 7 PBC: San Diego @ Philadelphia

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:20 am

RyanTB wrote:
eaglesfan wrote:
RyanTB wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:
and incidentally, for how "bad" the eagles are this year, they are still 4-2 and have played a nasty schedule that includes atlanta, oakland, san diego, kc, dallas. The only cupcake has been oakland.

The Eagles "nasty" schedule so far through week 7 consists of teams with a combined record of 19-20 (below .500). Not a very nasty schedule if you ask me. Not to mention they were lucky to win both the SD and KC games.

What teams are better in the NFC in your opinion?

Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Seattle, Dallas, and Carolina are all better than the Eagles, IMO. If Brunell and Santana Moss keep up what they're doing, I'd also say the Redskins are better as well.

Those of you that keep calling the Chargers my team. They are not my team. The only reason I was in this PBC is that the Bucs were on bye.

In a previous post you said
RyanTB wrote:The Eagles "nasty" schedule so far through week 7 consists of teams with a combined record of 19-20 (below .500). Not a very nasty schedule if you ask me. Not to mention they were lucky to win both the SD and KC games.

But then you list Tampa as a better team, they have litterally played no one! The FIVE teams they have played have a combined 13 wins!
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:30 am

and tampa is going to have a total unproven at the helm.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RyanTB » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:37 am

eaglesfan wrote:
RyanTB wrote:
eaglesfan wrote:
RyanTB wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:
and incidentally, for how "bad" the eagles are this year, they are still 4-2 and have played a nasty schedule that includes atlanta, oakland, san diego, kc, dallas. The only cupcake has been oakland.

The Eagles "nasty" schedule so far through week 7 consists of teams with a combined record of 19-20 (below .500). Not a very nasty schedule if you ask me. Not to mention they were lucky to win both the SD and KC games.

What teams are better in the NFC in your opinion?

Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Seattle, Dallas, and Carolina are all better than the Eagles, IMO. If Brunell and Santana Moss keep up what they're doing, I'd also say the Redskins are better as well.

Those of you that keep calling the Chargers my team. They are not my team. The only reason I was in this PBC is that the Bucs were on bye.

In a previous post you said
RyanTB wrote:The Eagles "nasty" schedule so far through week 7 consists of teams with a combined record of 19-20 (below .500). Not a very nasty schedule if you ask me. Not to mention they were lucky to win both the SD and KC games.

But then you list Tampa as a better team, they have litterally played no one! The FIVE teams they have played have a combined 13 wins!

Yeah, but I never said the Bucs have had a nasty schedule. Our schedule has been a piece of cake and is about to get real hard, but I still think the Bucs are one of the top teams in the NFC right now. They have the #1 defense and the #5 rushing attack, they will control the clock well this year if they can avoid the costly mistakes they were making last year.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RyanTB » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:39 am

eaglesrule wrote:you have got to be kidding me. Carolina is not better -- what metric are you using? I can begrudgingly give you atlanta and seattle, although atlanta doesn't look very dominant, and needed every break in the book to beat the eagles.

Funny how the eagles can win the tough games while playing poorly, and these other teams don't seem to do that. (In the NFC)

Let's not forget that washington beat up on the niners AND gave up 17 pts, something the eagles didn't.

Do you remember that Carolina team that beat the Eagles in the NFC championship? This years team is much like that team again.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RyanTB » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:39 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
RyanTB wrote:Those of you that keep calling the Chargers my team. They are not my team. The only reason I was in this PBC is that the Bucs were on bye.

The bag looks good on you. ;-D

Thanks. ;-D
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:40 am

you are mr. circular logic.

you reason for the eagles NOT being good is their schedule, but you don't hold the bucs to that same criteria?

the eagles have beaten better teams than most of these other claimaints to the best in the nfc.

Its really irrelevant anyway, as the eagles can prove it on the field.

its easy to have the number one defense when you play cake teams and control the clock btw.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:43 am

Do you remember that Carolina team that beat the Eagles in the NFC championship? This years team is much like that team again.

Yea, I remember that team. Couple of points, that team beat an absoloutely decimated eagles team with bad line depth (injruy), no westrbook, no carlos emmons. The healthy version of that eagles team beat the panthers that year.

And while this year's team maybe like that team, their record certainly doesn't -- and that is assuming that this year's eagles team is constructed similarly to the 2003 eagles team -- which it isn't. They have added owens, trotter and kearse (among others) since that time.

not a valid argument in the least.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:16 pm

RyanTB wrote:Do you remember that Carolina team that beat the Eagles in the NFC championship? This years team is much like that team again.

And for that logic to work, the Eagles team would have to be very similar as well. Let's review:

McNabb = McNabb (I'll give you QB is very similar)
TO > Thrash
Lewis > Pinkston
Westbrook > Staley
LJ Smith > Chad Lewis

On defense:

Kearse > Kalu
Trotter > Wayne
Sheppard > Vincent
Sheldon Brown > Taylor

Basically, the Eagles are more talented in every facet of the game than they were in the 2003 NFC Championship. So, your logic fails to account for or even consider that incredibly relevant evidence.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting