Trade Alert! San Diego QB Trade! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trade Alert! San Diego QB Trade!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Warhawk » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:08 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
Bowie wrote:I could see Tamps. Why not the Jets or especially Detroit?

I think Det is more feasible, but who know if the Chargers' GM doesn't have something special going with TB's GM...they did get McCardell halfway through the season last year.....

Now Detroit definitly looks more likely with Rattay going to TB.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MrHokeyPokey » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:08 pm

Brutally Huge = Idiot.
MrHokeyPokey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Dude » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:11 pm

MrHokeyPokey wrote:Brutally Huge = Idiot.

I like to think of BH as an institution of the FF Cafe... it just wouldn't be the same place without him.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:13 pm

DET is not going to go after Rivers - that would be a mistake at a massive level for this organization. The last thing DET needs is a green QB thats going to take a few years to develop.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Warhawk » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:14 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:DET is not going to go after Rivers - that would be a mistake at a massive level for this organization. The last thing DET needs is a green QB thats going to take a few years to develop.

Actually, that's the second to last thing they need. The last thing they need is Joey.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:47 pm

Bears will take Rivers. ;-D
chadlincoln
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:37 pm

BH, that was really funny. Don't take him seriously warhawk. Keep truckin. Stewie went on for a few paragraphs tho, which is why I give him the nod.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:45 pm

chadlincoln wrote:Bears will take Rivers. ;-D

So will the Ravens ;-)

But seriously in college Phil was one of the most developed, mature, smart, commanding players I have seen. The man knew how to lead a team. And he never missed a start his entire 4 year career. (NCAA record holder in games started). He almost loooked like Peyton Mannning does, calling audibles, running the offense. And it's effect showed, we've sucked since he left.

Now I am not saying he will instantly become this QB gure in the NFL, no. What I am saying is that he has all the entangible, ecspecially mentally to become great. I would take him here in Baltimore in a heartbeat. As I would if I was the fan of any other team needing a QB. He may need to develop some at the pro level as a full time starter, but he should shoot up quick, due to his smarts and poise.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:56 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:DET is not going to go after Rivers - that would be a mistake at a massive level for this organization. The last thing DET needs is a green QB thats going to take a few years to develop.

Why? Detroit is going to end up starting Garcia when he gets back, anyway. Why not have Rivers learning on the sidelines for half a year before he takes over next year? As a bonus, the rest of the team could then feel free to openly ridicule Harrington since he would have no chance of playing again. Wouldn't this take care of the present (Garcia), the future (Rivers), as well as fixing team identity/chemistry (united against Joey)?
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:30 pm

Either way, I think this clearly signals the fact that Brees is going to be entrenched in SD's starting lineup for a long time.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk