Trade Alert! San Diego QB Trade! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trade Alert! San Diego QB Trade!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby daullaz » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:02 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
Warhawk wrote:Yeah, I was about to say, what's the point?

How's that formula working out? You know...the one you've been working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte formula you're working on there? Been working on that the whole time? Nice little calculations? St. Louis only putting up 10 points on the vaunted Indy Defense?

It was funnier when Stewie (sp?) did it.

Well, yeah, but I was picturing Stewie talking as I was reading and it still cracked me up.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby daullaz » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:12 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:DET is not going to go after Rivers - that would be a mistake at a massive level for this organization. The last thing DET needs is a green QB thats going to take a few years to develop.

I don't think of Rivers as a green QB. He was good enough to start last year for the Bolts if he hadn't held out. By staying in college his senior year he has a lot of game experience under his belt, and after a year of studying game film and practices, I think he could start and be more effective then at least a third of the starting QBs right now, including Joey.

On a side note, I would watch much more network TV if "Joey" was about what Harrington does each week between games when he should be becoming a productive football player. Also, if "Freddie" was about our favorite People's Champ and his foray into work outside of the NFL, it would be a hit. Can you imagine him as a McDonald's employee, burning the fries and dropping food on the ground for 55 minutes and finally, at the end of the show, getting a customer their food in under ten minutes? Then he jumps on the counter, flexing and shouting "I'm the greatest fast-food worker in the league!" Who wouldn't watch that?

Sorry.

I'll stop now.

:-D
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Kilroy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:03 pm

The_Dude wrote:
MrHokeyPokey wrote:Brutally Huge = Idiot.

I like to think of BH as an institution of the FF Cafe... it just wouldn't be the same place without him.

an instituition? I prefer to think he belongs in one...For the criminally annoying.

Back on point, its my understanding that the Chargers plan to make a decision on their "QB of the future" after the season. No matter who they decide on, it makes sense for them to pick up a proven backup (and an extra draft pick). I think the 'Fins just wanted rid of ol' AJ (who they spent a second rounder on...how'd that work out for ya?)

Whether it's Brees or Rivers on the block in the offseason, there will be plenty of potential suitors.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:27 am

I'm I the only one who found it funny that the Phins{ over-paid so dearly for Feely and ended up with a Lemon?

I wonder what the Chargers will be wanting for Rivers? Doubtful the Lions would try to get him. I can already hear them "we just drafted a QB (Orlovski) and we really like his progress so far". I am not joking. It's Lions' logic.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Ricky_Christ » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:52 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
Warhawk wrote:Yeah, I was about to say, what's the point?

How's that formula working out? You know...the one you've been working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte formula you're working on there? Been working on that the whole time? Nice little calculations? St. Louis only putting up 10 points on the vaunted Indy Defense?

It was funnier when Stewie (sp?) did it.

Nice Family Guy catch! ;-D
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:01 am

skibrett15 wrote:BH, that was really funny. Don't take him seriously warhawk. Keep truckin. Stewie went on for a few paragraphs tho, which is why I give him the nod.

Yes...Stewie's is better. The protaganist/richer for the journey stuff didn't make any sense when bashing someone's football calculation. For anyone interested in family guy quotes, check out Family Guy Quotes.

The real quote is:

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? (voice getting higher pitched) Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? (voice returns to normal) No, no, you deserve some time off."
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jblank » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:12 am

The_Dude wrote:

I like to think of BH as an institution of the FF Cafe... it just wouldn't be the same place without him.

No, it would be better.
jblank
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:22 am

jblank wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

No, it would be better.

:~(
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:13 am

Good riddance. Charger fan, you better pray A.J. never has to play for you.

Rivers will be more then welcome in Miami. Rivers is going to cost a 1st rounder and probably more. The thing is, whoever gets him will not have to pay his signing bonus just his future salary. Not a bad deal for whoever can pull off the trade.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Trade Alert! San Diego QB Trade!

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:09 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Chargers | Feeley Acquired from Dolphins
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:22:04 -0700

ESPN reports the San Diego Chargers have acquired QB A.J. Feeley from the Miami Dolphins.

This is OBVIOUSLY the prep work necessary for them to ditch Rivers or Brees after this season.... I'm betting on Rivers....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk