Another QB Trade - Rattay to the Bucs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another QB Trade - Rattay to the Bucs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:51 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I wonder how long until Rattay starts over Chris Simms?

I'm gonna guess 2 games.

I'm not sure. It's much easier to trade/draft a RB and produce.

It might take Rattay some time to learn the system.

The system is not going to be much different. The wording is pretty much the same and Grudens offensive system comes from the Niners (west coast).

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:43 pm

If a the Jets will stick Testaverde into an offense from his couch I don't see why the Bucs can't stick an active QB into theirs.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:13 pm

Yeesh, that's all they could get? I would probably be TO'ed if I were Rattay about two weeks ago, but now I'm probably happy. He has to think he's got a chance to start again on the Bucs.

If he does, then Galloway and Clayton would both get bigger bumps up. I think Rattay is a very good passer; he just never really got a chance to show it because of the bad 49ers line.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gladee88er » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:24 pm

Mercer Boy = right

Clayton = Battle...Injured, good possession receiver.

Galloway = Lloyd only faster and 10 years more experienced.

Rattay = More TD's.
gladee88er
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kilroy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:46 pm

awwchrist wrote:If a the Jets will stick Testaverde into an offense from his couch I don't see why the Bucs can't stick an active QB into theirs.

There ya go. I say Week 9, and Maybe even Week 8. (Sure doesn't seem to show an overflowing amount of confidence on the Bucs' part in Simms though.)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:56 pm

Oct 18 Updating previous reports, Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the San Francisco 49ers received a sixth-round draft choice in 2006 from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for QB Tim Rattay.

SIXTH round?? oh, common! are you honestly telling me that SF couldn't get anything better than a SIXTH round pick from what can be considered at the very least a solid, experienced backup QB? I'm stuned the Jets wouldn't at least be willing to part with a 5th rounder, given that they're starting a guy in his 40s....
George_Foreman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:06 pm

Someone beat me to Rattay, which hoses me. I hope he can't start until week 9... that would totally solve a million problems on my end. Otherwise I'm going to have to trade some WR depth to get another QB.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:19 am

it's official now....

Lloyd, Battle and Barlow have lost any value they may have had earlier in the season

Simms may very likely survive the next two games (at S.F. then Carolina at home)....possibly even performing well enough to earn a start in the Washington game....

...but even if he starts the Redskins game, I doubt he will finish it.

I'm more concerned about Galloway.....

between the possible Simms to Rattay transition, with both given a conservative offensive scheme while Rattay learns the system....

this may be the time to sell high on Joey
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:13 am

awwchrist wrote:If a the Jets will stick Testaverde into an offense from his couch I don't see why the Bucs can't stick an active QB into theirs.

Vinny is a 20 year vet, though.... And he's been in enough systems around the NFL, that he probably can come in and pick one up in about 2 days.... Not to mention he was somewhat familiar with the Jets, their coaches, and their personnel....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PuntinFool » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:30 am

At first I was very surprised SF punted Rattay out.. it's not like the guy was horrible insurance. But looking at the depth chart it appears Ken Dorsey is now the backup, which all in all is probably about the same value. Regardless, putting all your eggs in the A.Smith basket could hose SF over after Smith gets royally kabonked vs. the Skins and the Bucs.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk