At what point do you start to feel bad for this guy? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

At what point do you start to feel bad for this guy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FatFoot » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:12 am

Well, that's up to your league. My opinion, I'd probably say no to giving his money back, but if I won the season, I'd probably give him his cash back out of the winnings, if he stayed active on the waiver wire and tried for the whole season.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bklik » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:52 pm

It would be a good experiment to see how good of a team one could build by playing only WW all year w/o drafting. Sure it would be hard in a 12/14 man leauge, but assume its an 8/10 man leauge, 12 or 13 man rosters?

Also, how sweet would it be to rub it in their faces if/when u beat them with your garbage team?
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:35 am

No way would I give him his money back! Injuries and bad luck are part of the equation.

Check out my WRs in one of my $$ leagues:

WR Darrell Jackson -- had to flat out drop him
WR Drew Bennett
WR Randy Moss (traded away McGahee for him)
WR Joe Horn
WR Andre Johnson (will be dropped this week)
WR Roy Williams

Plus, Deuce was my #1 rb since I traded away McGahee!!!!

Yet Im not giving up or pleading for any refunds. I just traded away Brady, Horn and Galloway for Chad Johnson cuz I have no healthy wrs and Galloway is on the bye.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HoleInTheWallGang » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:46 am

You can't win if you don't play. If $50 is the enrty fee so be it. You have to pay to play. Look at it this way, he pays his money he takes his chances. Better him than you, no? Could be you next year. Hell, the season isn't even half over yet, could still be you. Feel sorry for him? Sure, if your so inclined. Give him his money back? HELL NO!!! Rules are rules. If you bend them for him, you'll have to bend them for someone else. Where do you draw the line? If he has not paid the fee make sure he does. Its not fair to the other owners, who play for the prize at the end of the season. NO REFUNDS!
HoleInTheWallGang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby spodog » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:10 am

FatFoot wrote:Well, that's up to your league. My opinion, I'd probably say no to giving his money back, but if I won the season, I'd probably give him his cash back out of the winnings, if he stayed active on the waiver wire and tried for the whole season.

Whats wrong with you people?

Why would he get his money back? Everybody has the same injury risk going into the season and some people's years get wasted due to injuries.

I drafted McCallister, Walker and Griese as well, but there isn't a chance in h*ll that my league would contemplate refunding my entry fee just because I was the victim of multiple torn ACL's.

:-B
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk