The forgotten men - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The forgotten men

Moderator: Football Moderators

The forgotten men

Postby Wesley Walker » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:46 pm

I've been thinking about guys who have gone from proven fantasy value to deep sleep lately, like Michael Clayton, Andre Johnson, etc. Or guys who have obvious potential but aren't getting the looks or touches, like JJ Arrington.

Seems like people are hesitant to just drop these people. Though many do, as is apparent in my leagues.

The thing is, there's no reason not to of your opponents are very unlikely to touch them with a 10-foot poll. So then if they have a breakout, or bounce-back game, you ought to be able to snap them up again if you're quick.

Of course, as with any sleeper come alive, it's a risk since the performance could be a one-off.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The forgotten men

Postby jayday » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:52 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:I've been thinking about guys who have gone from proven fantasy value to deep sleep lately, like Michael Clayton, Andre Johnson, etc. Or guys who have obvious potential but aren't getting the looks or touches, like JJ Arrington.

Seems like people are hesitant to just drop these people. Though many do, as is apparent in my leagues.

The thing is, there's no reason not to of your opponents are very unlikely to touch them with a 10-foot poll. So then if they have a breakout, or bounce-back game, you ought to be able to snap them up again if you're quick.

Of course, as with any sleeper come alive, it's a risk since the performance could be a one-off.

thats why i watch on sundays with my laptop right beside me... ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The forgotten men

Postby jjigglers » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:05 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:I've been thinking about guys who have gone from proven fantasy value to deep sleep lately, like Michael Clayton, Andre Johnson, etc. Or guys who have obvious potential but aren't getting the looks or touches, like JJ Arrington.

I'd never touch a 10-foot poll myself, as that would probably take hours to fill out. :-b

In all seriousness, I think fantasy players are too quick to write a player off, and those high-potential/high-draft pick guys that got drafted and dropped later should be given a different approach than "flash-in-the-pan" guys that blow up for one week.

If one of those high-potential guys has a big week, there's a much larger chance that he'll have more to come, and more owners should recognize that.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk