Part Deux: Time to sell high on Joe Jurevicius - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Part Deux: Time to sell high on Joe Jurevicius

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RugbyD » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:38 am

Warrick even looked good against Houston out of the slot so the ball could get spread around, but Joe remains the TD threat. He did catch one before DJax went down as well.....
RugbyD
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:07 pm

awwchrist wrote:Seattle passes it enough to warrant not dropping him after engram comes back healthy.

This pretty much bottom lines it...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:21 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Seattle passes it enough to warrant not dropping him after engram comes back healthy.

This pretty much bottom lines it...
After Engram comes back yes, after Jackson comes back, I'm not so sure. If they revert back to roles prior to injury, Joe J was only being used as the #3WR. He did see redzone targets but he was still a #3 nonetheless.

I do agree with the sentiment though that he is worth more as a player on a team than as trade bait.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:34 pm

I wish I could trade him because lord knows I can use WR help. which is why I picked him up in the first place. But the reality of it is, most FF players are not morons, and know he is only a temporary filler. I can't even package this guy with a RB like KJ or Fast Willie for a half decent WR. I'll just have to ride it out for as long as it lasts and look for the next injury.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:37 pm

Jurevicious' value only goes UP with Engram's return IMO. JJ has entrenched himself as a starting WR, at least until Darrell Jackson returns to the lineup, and it's looking like that return is going to be longer than originally expected. Hell, DJackson may not even make it back to the field this season for all we know, and Seattle's WRs have always been topnotch producers.

Look at the conference, NFC West is a goldmine for fantasy WR success... Darrell Jackson is probably a #2 WR on some other NFL teams, Koren Robinson is now a kick returner, we know these guys have mental lapses and drop some passes here and there. Yet both of these guys have been strong fantasy WR plays at some point in time. And Jurevicious will be no different.

Engram's return might hurt Seattle's fringe WRs DJ Hackett, and Jeremy Irvi, maybe Peter Warrick as well.. but Jurevicious is a starter. He was even producing in the #3 WR role back when Jackson and Engram were both healthy. And the last time I checked, most NFL teams don't run with a 1-WR set very often. Jurevicious is going to be on the field for a lot of plays, Engram or no Engram, and that's a good thing.
Last edited by Kensat30 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby MiniDitkas » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:39 pm

After this week's game I plan on dropping Joe J and picknig up Engram. Unless some news comes out saying Joe will be the #1 WR until djax comes back.

I already have SA, can't be putting that much into seattle
MiniDitkas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:41 pm

MiniDitkas wrote:After this week's game I plan on dropping Joe J and picknig up Engram. Unless some news comes out saying Joe will be the #1 WR until djax comes back.

Seattle is the #1 offense in the NFL. Why WOULDN'T you want to put your eggs in that basket?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby The_Dude » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:22 pm

I have to agree with everyone that says Jurevicius retains value at least through week 11... which is nice because that gets you out of any bye week messes you have.

After the bye (week 8), they get to play the three HORRIFIC teams in their division. It should be open season on the secondaries, with or without Engram...

Jurevicius was a red zone target before DJax and Engram got injured because he's 6 foot freakin' 5 inches tall... Engram is 5'10" and DJax is 5'11".

As long as DJax is out, JJ will be starting, and he'll continue to be the 2nd best redzone option the 'Hawks have (behind that TD scoring machine RB they have).

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:19 am

Kensat30 wrote:Seattle is the #1 offense in the NFL. Why WOULDN'T you want to put your eggs in that basket?

Until Week 6 NYG was the #1 Offense in the NFL - if you loaded up on Giants it ain't looking so rosy anymore though...

Worse, Seattle has the bye still to come...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby logan » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:49 am

MiniDitkas wrote:After this week's game I plan on dropping Joe J and picknig up Engram. Unless some news comes out saying Joe will be the #1 WR until djax comes back.

this makes no sense to me. is there anything that makes you believe that engram will be the number one when he comes back? this is the same guy who couldn't beat out stone hands mcdrunk for the number two spot.

i saw something i liked alot in that houston game. before joe's td they called a time out. it was coming back from comercial and hass and joe were standing close to each other and hass looked at him and gave him a nod. i thought ok next play is to him. he isn't getting alot of play this game and hass is gonna give him his shot. so next play what happens incomplete to joe. close but broken up. so i'm thinking they may go back but being this close it will most likely be alexander. next play slant ot joe td. that shows me alot about hass and joe's relationship. he has no problem going to him in any situation and will try to get him the ball.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk