Leonard Little's brother shot to death - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leonard Little's brother shot to death

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:13 am

It's amazing what reprieve you can get in life if you have the ability to get around an NFL tackle in two seconds.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Big Pimpin' » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:17 am

Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby knapplc » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:23 am

What the heck is a 24-year-old doing dating a 17-year-old anyway? What are the statutory rape laws in that state?

Eh, my bad. Misread that. Girlfriend's friend was 17, not girlfriend.

Sucks to be dead, though.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:41 am

OK, I have a feeling I'll get my head bitten off for this, but does anyone really know the details of Little's second incident.... I mean, I know the first one was bad enough and he should have had the book thrown at him, then, but I see a lot of people assuming he was guilty the second time, even though he was acquitted.... I know that when you already have a DUI on your record, it is almost assumed by every cop anytime you get pulled over after the hour of 8:00, that you MUST have been drinking.... Is it possible that he was actually innocent the second time, and that's why he was acquitted? I don't know any details of the case, so I'm not prepared to argue the point, but I just have to play the Devil's Advocate, here... I mean, maybe he was actually innocent of the second offense, and that's why he beat the case.... Just a thought....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jmo » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:01 pm

The Problem Plindsey88 is that LL is a bad guy, plain and simple. Bad guys do not get the benefit of the doubt. Plus it's fairly easy for a good lawyer to get someone off on a DUI charge. SAome lawyer make their living on getting people off on DUI charges.
Roster: 12 Team League
QB: Palmer, Plummer
RB: S. Alexander, J. Lewis, J Jones, S Jackson, Gado
WR: Mason, R Williams, Engram, Chatman, Ferguson
TE: Witten
DEF: Jax
K: Stover
jmo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MiniDitkas » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:36 pm

This is the second time in 7 days an NFL player's brother has been shot.

I don't know if it was posted last week, but Paul Spicer's (DE Jags) brother was shot and killed.
MiniDitkas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Keyser_WV » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:56 pm

bagobonez wrote:Too bad it wasn't Leonard Little himself instead. ANyone who kills someone while driving drunk and then gets pulled over for DUI again deserves to die IMHO.

Just a thought.

I don't think an opinion is very "humble" when your saying someone deserves to die.

I certainly don't advocate drinking and driving but it is very concerning to hear so many people actually agree with what Bagobonez said.

I mean the post was about LL's brother dying and it turned to LL himself should have died.

I wonder if you would feel the same if a family member or someone you are very close with made the same mistake??

Thats my .02. This is a tough crowd.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:00 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
I wonder if you would feel the same if a family member or someone you are very close with made the same mistake??

We can also turn that around and what if a second offender killed a family member or someone you are very close with. I also agree with the majority here. Second chances are great but if you mess up that second time, shame on you.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Keyser_WV » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:05 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:

We can also turn that around and what if a second offender killed a family member or someone you are very close with. I also agree with the majority here. Second chances are great but if you mess up that second time, shame on you.

I definately hear what you are saying. It would make it that much tougher to swallow knowing they had done this before.

The only thing is that he was aquitted of his second offense. So everyone is assuming he was drunk.

I'm really not familiar with the case so I have no clue.

I just hated to hear so many people wish the guy himself had died.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CapitalGoofBall » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:52 pm

alcoholism is a disease, and why my heart goes out to the lives and families of people he effected in his car crash he doesnt deserve to die. What he needs is treatment, GRANTED he is a dumba** for picking up another DUI but then again he has a disease. Lose his privledge (not a right) to drive- Yes. Pay Heavy Fines Yes- But Death? Only a few people in life have desrved to die they are Hitler/Ossam Ben Ladin/Andrei Chikatilo (russian serial killer who murdered over 50 children)/and Jerry Bruckheimer-Micheal Bay

O.k. Jerry and Micheal shouldn't die- but they should go away and never bother us with their crappy movies again.
CapitalGoofBall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk