Leonard Little's brother shot to death - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leonard Little's brother shot to death

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:57 pm

jmo wrote:The Problem Plindsey88 is that LL is a bad guy, plain and simple. Bad guys do not get the benefit of the doubt. Plus it's fairly easy for a good lawyer to get someone off on a DUI charge. SAome lawyer make their living on getting people off on DUI charges.

Uhh..have you ever heard of the judicial system?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:39 pm

CapitalGoofBall wrote:alcoholism is a disease, and why my heart goes out to the lives and families of people he effected in his car crash he doesnt deserve to die. What he needs is treatment, GRANTED he is a dumba** for picking up another DUI but then again he has a disease. Lose his privledge (not a right) to drive- Yes. Pay Heavy Fines Yes- But Death? Only a few people in life have desrved to die they are Hitler/Ossam Ben Ladin/Andrei Chikatilo (russian serial killer who murdered over 50 children)/and Jerry Bruckheimer-Micheal Bay

O.k. Jerry and Micheal shouldn't die- but they should go away and never bother us with their crappy movies again.

Drinking is one thing, and even though I have trouble with people with drinking problems claiming to be victims in need of "help," I'll give you that, but that disease doesn't justify drinking and driving. Alcoholism doesnt give people the shakes if they don't drive. Its not his drinking that anyone gives a hoot about, its that he did what every person in our society is expected to know better than to do, drive drunk. As a result, someone's wife, someone's mother is dead.

Now maybe its a forgiveable mistake, but you can't possibly expect people to believe Leonard Little gives a rats arse about having killed someone. If he did, he would never ever get behind the wheel of a car after having drank any amount ever again. But no, he gets got driving after having had a few beers. This is a man who's crimes went unpunished, and instead of being thankful for being given a 2nd chance, he has hasn't learned his lesson, he has no remorse, while his victim is dead. So, yeah, he really does deserve death, but certainly not his brother.

Also you could add quite a few more people to the list of those that deserve death: Saddaam Hussein, Joseph Stalin, Fidel Castro, Jeffrey Dommer, Pol Pot, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, anyone who has ever committed or given an order to a subordinate to commit genocide, anyone who has ever targetted and executed an unarmed child, and heck I'm only sticking with this century mainly.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:50 pm

Sad story but sometimes when justice does not prevail, karma, the hand of God, or what have you, exacts retribution.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:58 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
jmo wrote:The Problem Plindsey88 is that LL is a bad guy, plain and simple. Bad guys do not get the benefit of the doubt. Plus it's fairly easy for a good lawyer to get someone off on a DUI charge. SAome lawyer make their living on getting people off on DUI charges.

Many lawyers make their living off of DUI charges. The problem is you can only charge about 3-5K for that kind of work so it is more of a quantity business.

My very limited understanding of Breathalyzers, from speaking to police officers and other attorneys, is that cops can get them to read basically whatever they want to. Just re-calibrate the thing and anything will blow positive. I know they are getting much better, but also much more expensive so most PDs don't have the good ones yet.
What do these years have in common?
1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, and 1996.
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:35 am

VHawk15 wrote:

Exactly....

And I don't know about where he got charged, but I do know that in the State of Florida, only about 2% of DUI charges end up with an acquittal for the person charged.... It is reasonable to assume that a good chunk of those 2% are actually innocent....

So, there had to be some pretty serious doubts as to whether or not he was actually driving drunk.... And it's highly possible that he wasn't....

Picture this, a cop pulls over a big black guy driving his sports car WAY too fast late at night.... The guy in the car gives him a bunch of attitude about racial profiling and the like... The cop gets pissy, and goes back to his car to run the guy's license... The guy's record comes up and shows a previous DUI manslaughter conviction... The cop approaches the car, and based solely on the man's record and the fact that it's night time, he asks the guy to get out and take a field sobriety or breathalyzer.... The guy in the car hasn't been drinking, and is so angry at this point he tells the cop to go f*** himself.... BAM! DUI charge.... And the guy may or may not have had a drop to drink.... So he takes it to court... There is no evidence... He gets acquitted....

Just one possible scenario.... But let's assume I'm close....

So based on this circumstance, a lot of you are saying it's OK that this guy's brother gets shot to death?

How does that work?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:40 am

Keyser_WV wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
I wonder if you would feel the same if a family member or someone you are very close with made the same mistake??

We can also turn that around and what if a second offender killed a family member or someone you are very close with. I also agree with the majority here. Second chances are great but if you mess up that second time, shame on you.

I definately hear what you are saying. It would make it that much tougher to swallow knowing they had done this before.

The only thing is that he was aquitted of his second offense. So everyone is assuming he was drunk.

I'm really not familiar with the case so I have no clue.

I just hated to hear so many people wish the guy himself had died.

Michael Jackson and OJ Simpson were also acquitted, but I think everyone knows the truth.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcesWired » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:55 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:

So based on this circumstance, a lot of you are saying it's OK that this guy's brother gets shot to death?

Actually, noone is saying that. People are saying it would have been more fitting if it had been Leonard instead of his brother. Not injecting my opinion one way or the other, just clarifying.

It is sad though. One wonders how he reflects after feeling the pain he has inflicted on an entire family and group of people around the person he killed.
10 Team League
QB: Brett Favre, Michael Vick
RB: Willis McGahee, Cory Dillon, Warrick Dunn, Willie Parker, Jerome Bettis, Ricky Williams
WR: Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Santana Moss, Plexico Burress
TE: Randy McMichael
K: Rackers
Def: Philly
AcesWired
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FanFootHeadBusta » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:08 pm

I think it is pretty outrageous for some of you to say that Leonard Little should be the dead one...shame on you guys. I have a family member who has been involved with the authorities and let me be the first to tell you that you can not always believe what you read in the newspapers. Also, what do you guys know about Leonard Little? Besides the fact that he's a defensive monster who has probably worked hard his entire life to get where he is. I completely agree that killing other people while driving drunk is extremely tragic and perhaps he got off too easy, but we don't know anything about the guy and proclaiming that he should be the dead one is disgusting.
FanFootHeadBusta
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chchelse » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:21 pm

AcesWired wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:

Actually, noone is saying that. People are saying it would have been more fitting if it had been Leonard instead of his brother. Not injecting my opinion one way or the other, just clarifying.

It is sad though. One wonders how he reflects after feeling the pain he has inflicted on an entire family and group of people around the person he killed.

I can almost guarantee you that he gets drunk........Cold, but true.....
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kcs261 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:38 pm

PEOPLE, aren't you aware that Little was ACQUITTED on the second DWI -- meaning that a jury said he was not guilty.

The first one where he killed the lady wasn't cool at all -- a terrible thing. But it was his birthday and he was out drinking with some Rams' players and made a big mistake.

But he was found not guilty on the second one by a jury of his peers here in St. Louis (made up mostly white St. Louis Countians). So, they obviously didn't think there was much to the second one.

And being from St. Louis, I can tell you that Leonard Little is a quiet guy who minds his own business. He's not a loud-mouth guy who most people would consider a terrible guy. He just made a bad, bad mistake and got burned for it.

How many of you can say you have never stepped behind a wheel after having a couple drinks?
kcs261
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk