Bulger Trade Pulled- Right Thing To Do - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bulger Trade Pulled- Right Thing To Do

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:43 am

Horrible move, trade was made BEFORE the injury.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fool42 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:45 am

If the trade was proposed before the injury and the second owner clicked accept the the deal is done. It sucks to be the guy that gets Bulger but as others have said there was no prior knowledge of the injury by either team so the trade should stand.
Winning isn't everything...It's the only thing!

Vince Lombardi
Fool42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:49 am

footballchick23 wrote:The trade should stand...if it was approved before the injury, end of story. Too bad for the guy that got Bulger, but it's not like he's out the rest of the season!
;-D Just tell him to be glad it wasn't a trade for Griese.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby FatFoot » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:03 am

That is TERRIBLE if the commish is going to kill that trade. Totally unfair.

Do you think you have the right to change your draft picks if 2 of your guys get knocked out for the season in week 1? Of course not.

You don't have the right to foreknowledge about injuries. Clearly there is absolutely no way for the person who traded Bulger to know that he was going to get hurt.

Why would you even THINK about giving the person who traded FOR Bulger a chance to go back on the trade AFTER IT'S DONE, just because the guy got hurt? That's not how it works. I'd be livid if my commish pulled something like that. But he wouldn't, because he's not an IDIOT.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby awwchrist » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:11 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:I don't like to do trades while games are being played. I think trades should be done from Tuesday Morning through Sunday at Noon.

However, I don't think the trade should be squashed. The trade was before the injury.

completely agree. dont ever leave a trade pending over the weekend.

in fact, it shouldn't even be allowed.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:15 am

If both sides agreed to the trade before the injury, what is there to discuss? If the software won't let each owner undo the trade, the commissioner has no business doing it either... unless of course both owners are in agreement. In this case, they obviously are not so the trade has to stand.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby FatFoot » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:18 am

But being that it was allowed, what do you think should happen?
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:20 am

If I'm the guy who traded Bulger away I'm furious about this. This is a ridiculous thing to do. Someone else said it here first but it's true - caveat emptor: buyer beware.

When this trade started both parties had to have a realistic understanding that any of the players involved could get injured. So one of them happened to get injured hours after the trade – big deal!

No way should this trade be pulled. No way.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Super Friends » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:00 pm

Trades should never be veto'd unless some kind of cheating is involved.

Who are we to judge? Maybe the deal that looks like a rip off ends up being a steal. It's happened many times before.
"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions." - Jules Winnfield
The Super Friends
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ampant » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:04 pm

josebach wrote:If both sides agreed to the trade before the injury, what is there to discuss? If the software won't let each owner undo the trade, the commissioner has no business doing it either... unless of course both owners are in agreement. In this case, they obviously are not so the trade has to stand.

I totally agree. The timing and terms of the trade were agreed to by both parties. The guy receiving Bulger could have opted to wait, but obviously was hot to get the deal done. There was no cheating, and no deception. It shouldn't matter whether the trade was agreed to on Friday, Sunday, or the previous tuesday. The results would still be the same. The trade was agreed to, Bulger got injured AFTERWARDS. That's the risk with any player. I would be fumed if this got overturned.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk