STL Wide Receiver Owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

STL Wide Receiver Owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DrSpackle » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:27 pm

I just traded Curtis, but I am hanging on to Holt. Holt is just too good to not put up numbers. They may dip a bit, he didn't have a TD Monday night.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ampant » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:40 pm

benjapage wrote:wow, you're really trying to get down to the bottom of this. you didn't like my answer in the other forum? :*)

i think you really have to hold on to them for their potential value, and sit on them for now if you're able. jamie martin is poop.

b

"Non-beleiver! I already answered this question for you! Don't you realize the my word is law? All that I have said is ordained by divine right! All who contradict me commit heresy! Seek not advice from these false prophets and heretics. Ignore all others and heed only my words! So sayeth the Lord Benjapage"
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:46 pm

Inexperienced quarterbacks are slow in their progressions and rarely get past the first read.... Which means the ball goes to the guy the play is called for 90% of the time... ESPECIALLY when your line gives up as many sacks as the Rams.... Odds are good MANY more plays get called Holt's way in that offense than Curtis'.... So I think Holt holds his value fairly well.... Curtis' value drops significantly, IMO.... I'd be trying to move him if I could... Odds are good, by the time Bulger gets back, Bruce will, too, and Curtis will be back to number 3....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benjapage » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:47 pm

ampant wrote:
benjapage wrote:wow, you're really trying to get down to the bottom of this. you didn't like my answer in the other forum? :*)

i think you really have to hold on to them for their potential value, and sit on them for now if you're able. jamie martin is poop.

b

"Non-beleiver! I already answered this question for you! Don't you realize the my word is law? All that I have said is ordained by divine right! All who contradict me commit heresy! Seek not advice from these false prophets and heretics. Ignore all others and heed only my words! So sayeth the Lord Benjapage"

a) i was kidding, as per the " :*) "
b) virtually the same question had been posed and discussed in another forum
c) damn straight. just don't put words in my mouth. or anything else, for that matter.

;-)

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:04 pm

Judging by the performance of Martin on MNF, I don't think it hurts all that much IMO. If anything, maybe they will run Jackson more, but Martin did not look that bad past the picks.

Did you guys look at his stats?
<pre>St. Louis Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int
J. Martin 17 21 134 81.0 6.4 1 14 1 2 </pre>

17/21?!?! 81% Completions? That's awesome! ;-D Sure, the two picks suck, but obviously he did his job otherwise. Their next two games are at home against decent pass defenses. I still think they have an advantage there because they are good at home. The other game is on the road at Seattle, but their pass D isn't great.

Sure, there's a decent chance they could lose all these games without Bulger being there (his record as a starter is pretty good), but if they get Jackson going early in these games, people will be open.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby a4ce » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:18 pm

Holt should be held onto. And started. For one, opposing Ds will think that this guy can't pass so they'll stack the box against SJax and make him beat them throwing the ball. And who would you trust the most to throw the ball to? Holt. Maybe a slight, very slight, dip in production for Holt.

This and a buck fifty will get you a cup o' coffee at 7-11.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Previous

Return to Football Talk